Black Adam (2022) | Inside Universal Forums

Black Adam (2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Dwayne Johnson announced that DC's Black Adam movie is finally happening and will be hitting theaters on December 22, 2021. If that release date stays, it will be opening on the same weekend as Avatar 2.

Reactions: Magic-Man
I was wondering if Shazam 2 or Black Adam would've popped up first. Glad it's the latter, as it makes me even more excited about the implications for what David S. Sandberg and his team have cooked up.

I am fascinated at what they'll play for the tone of this, especially if it'll be a proper villain film or a anti-hero film.

Justice Society of America has been confirmed--as Doctor Fate, Hawkman, Cyclone, and Atom Smasher are all making their cinematic debut with Black Adam in the film.

Noah Centineo has been confirmed as Atom Smasher as-well~

I’m very intrigued by this Shazam-verse. Helen Mirren just got cast to play the villain in Shazam 2, so I just feel like these movies are lining up to be great. Shazam is my favorite DCEU film, too.

I also saw pre sale for the movie isn't that strong could open around 50 million

So we will see.

I also saw pre sale for the movie isn't that strong could open around 50 million

So we will see.
The Rock is definitely trying to hype up the movie as much as possible so that it opens bigger than currently expected. The marketing for this movie has been terrible imo.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The Rock is definitely trying to hype up the movie as much as possible so that it opens bigger than currently expected. The marketing for this movie terrible imo.
I mean....i keep telling my GF I'm more excited for Dr Fate and the side heroes over the main character, lol

And I understand the overlapping people that care at all about the rock and these characters are very...very little. I hope it does well but could just come and go

I mean....i keep telling my GF I'm more excited for Dr Fate and the side heroes over the main character, lol

And I understand the overlapping people that care at all about the rock and these characters are very...very little. I hope it does well but could just come and go
That's why Johnson is trying to hype up a Cavill cameo as Superman. He's trying to stir up the excitement from the Snyderverse fanbase and get them to come out. I don't think it opens to much more than $70M at absolute best.

As a DC movie, this was awesome. Loved how action packed it was, I'd put it on the same level of Multiverse of Madness as far as sticking to its source material went. Hawkman and Dr. Fate were huuuuuuge highlights. The Rock also was surprisingly good in this role. That said, the movie suffers from pacing issues and some minor annoyances, but overall, a very entertaining popcorn flick. LOVED the mid-credits!

Last edited:
Will wait to see this on HBO Max. Sounds like the script was a dumpster fire and it's just overall a bad movie that's probably enjoyable enough sitting on my couch. Maybe i'll do a Morbius/Black Adam double header. :look:

• Haha
Reactions: Skold
As a serious movie like Civil War...it sucks compared to that

But as a comic book movie....its a fun ride, lots of creative kills. The rock played this character much better then most his other generic roles. Hawkman is both cool and also....a Fing Jerky McJerkface for someone who refuses to kill.
Dr Fate is the coolest character and Adam Smash and Cyclone are cool but definitely should not have been on this mission.

7 maybe 8 out of ten film. Along the lines of Thor and Dr Strange and think its hilarious reviewers think this film is worst then those all three are just comic book films with good parts but also some writing meh's in there.

My theater was packed and hope it does well....also mid credits scene is perfect very ready for what ever the sequel to this is

Went in with incredibly low expectations, but walked out pleasantly surprised. The action is great, and the Rock does a pretty good job in this. My real gripe is the incredible reliance on CGI. It's serviceable most of the time, but hoooo boy are there some ugly shots in there (namely the Rock flying and when his face is CGI'd onto a normal-size body in a flashback).

There's also a ton of slow motion, like even more than Snyder would use in some of his films. Overall. enjoy the direction DC is heading in as a whole. Just keep all these characters separate from Pattinson's Batman and everything should be able to operate smoothly. This is never going to be MCU-level hype train, but the DCEU still has potential to carve out a nice path heading forward.

Reactions: Clive