Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach 2018 Project

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It was just announced that Blackpool Pleasure Beach will be unleashing a brand new Mack Double Launched coaster with the world record of interacting 15 times through the park.

Key Ride facts

Total Length – 1.14 KM
Max Height – 88.5ft
Height of Drops – 82ft
Max Speed – 80 KM/H
Max Acceleration (Verticle) – 4.3G

Are you guy's excited about the future project? Comment below!!

I'll look forward to getting back up there for this. Shame the surround area is such a dive, but it's got a good collection of rides now.

Here's an overview of the layout and there will be some sort of water feature by the station of the ride:

2sbk54x.png

Very excited, only 50 mins away from this park!

The first pieces of track for Icon arrived at BPB today! Cannot wait for this beast to start rising!
22528626_10155775343862365_2187236031819118858_o.jpg

I will be visiting the park semi regularly over closed season (which starts in 3 weeks) so will post updates for you all :)

I can't wait for when this thing opens next Spring!!!

Some impressive looking banking to finish the ride with a bang! The Immelmann is nearly complete now as well, pictures to come fairly soon I'm sure.
24824616_1165558896937430_152029501_n.jpg

I'm unsure whether we have a BPB General thread or not, so I'll just post it here.

I'm sorry to have to report that BPB's iconic wooden Wild Mouse has been unceremoniously demolished after 59 years in operation. I never rode it, but it looked like a unique ride for the UK. Also, the other UK enthusiasts don't seem to be taking it too well...

R.I.P Wild Mouse 1958-2017. You will be missed by many an enthusiast.