Brazil coming to World Showcase? | Inside Universal Forums

Brazil coming to World Showcase?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JungleSkip

V.I.P. Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
From Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia:

We found this today, after translating a picture we found:

BRAZIL IN AMERICA
MONICA BERGAMO
Folha de São Paulo – 21/04/11

“Brazil managed to seat a large international “forum”: Disney. Representatives of the largest complex of theme parks in the world have sought the federal government this week to announce that will install a flag of Brazil at Epcot Center in Orlando (USA). The country ranks with nations like USA, China, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico and Canada.

STUFFING
Two ministers will climb teams to help in that effort: Helena Chagas, the Secom (Secretariat for Social Communication), and Fernando Pimentel, Development. They will provide information on Brazil to help the park raise the flag. The government forecast is for a big comeback in tourism.”

Here’s a photo of the article: http://instagr.am/p/DYSOT/

So.. Epcot is getting a Brazil? We admit we don’t read Portuguese and are relying on an auto-translator. It’s dated today and it’s in a modern newspaper.

Here’s the untranslated text:

O BRASIL NA AMÉRICA
MÔNICA BERGAMO
FOLHA DE SÃO PAULO – 21/04/11

O Brasil conseguiu assento num grande “fórum” internacional: a Disney. Representantes do maior complexo de parques temáticos do mundo procuraram o governo federal nesta semana para comunicar que vão instalar um pavilhão do Brasil no Epcot Center, em Orlando (EUA). O país figurará ao lado de nações como EUA, China, França, Alemanha, Itália, México e Canadá.

RECHEIO
Dois ministros vão escalar equipes para ajudar na empreitada: Helena Chagas, da Secom (Secretaria de Comunicação Social), e Fernando Pimentel, do Desenvolvimento. Eles vão fornecer informações sobre o Brasil para ajudar o parque a erguer o pavilhão. A expectativa do governo é de um grande retorno na área do turismo.

Personally I think it'd be a great addition, and a sensible one considering the ties between WDW and Brazil.

There's plenty of room but no thanks.....

156tppl.png

Hmmm...this could be interesting...Brazil does have good potential for a pavilion.

I still wish Disney would try to finally build that Russia pavilion that they once planned, but any new country added to World Showcase is good.

Why Brazil? There's far better countries in terms of architecture, culture, and most importantly food, Russia and Spain stick out as good options... and I'd love a Cuba... but that's never going to happen.

Brazil would make the most money, I mean the amount of money Disney could make off of Disney branded tour flags and matching shirts attached to rude obnoxious a holes has got to be up there.

Brazil would make the most money, I mean the amount of money Disney could make off of Disney branded tour flags and matching shirts attached to rude obnoxious a holes has got to be up there.

I think Disney has finally found their cash cow in merch sales to compete with Potter! The BGT will eat it up :lol:

But to be serious, I could think of a ton of countries that deserve a pavilion moreso than Brazil:

Russia
Spain
Greece
Egypt

Brazil would be a good addition as well, but I think the above countries deserve it more.

Maybe it'll keep the Brazilian tourists in one spot! Imagine the lines at that pavilion! :lol: Universal already sells Brazil t-shirts, for no apparent reason other that the hordes of tourists. THis would probably make money. But, yeah, there are plenty of better choices.

Whoever said Brazil doesn't have good food has obviously never been to a Brazilian Steakhouse.

As for the "there are better choices" school of thought goes, not for Disney there isn't. Brazil makes them a ton of money. So much so that they have World Showcase merchandise for Brazil now.

Also, Brazil is a very quickly rising country. They're becoming an economic powerhouse and will be a power player in the coming years.

Honestly, what if Brazil was there now and had been since opening, and there was talk of adding a Norway pavilion or a Morocco Pavilion at this point in time? I bet the reactions would be very similar, yet look how they turned out.

Yes and no, you gotta remember too as far as architecture is concerned, besides the Christ the Redeemer statue and soccer, there isn't much else noteworthy coming out of Brazil except giant groups of people, and their money.