Breakfast at UOR? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Breakfast at UOR?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disneyhead mentioned a place on Idrive close to Universal that he said had some pretty awesome food, forgot the name but he showed us some pics and the food look really good with ginormous portions.

Chalk me up for Croissant Moon as well. Not a ton of variety, but everything we have eaten there has been great, plus being right at the entrance is great.

If you don't mind the 10 minute drive to Dr. Phillip's KeKe's has amazing breakfast.

Yummy.... for those of you that have been to State College or went to Penn State. This place is the Waffle Shop, in fact the original one in central Florida was called the Florida Waffle Shop. Basically some of the employees/owners came down and opened one in Orlando. It was so popular they decided to make it a franchise and had to change the name to KeKe's. They have since opened several more in Central Florida area. I will warn you it can get pricey for breakfast (this is no Denny's) but the food is amazing and well worth it. Also, the pancakes are HUGE so you may not need more than one or two and they will sell just one. I love their Banana Chocolate Chip pancakes and I get the combo and make my 2 eggs omelet style with cheese and sausage.

Yummy.... for those of you that have been to State College or went to Penn State. This place is the Waffle Shop, in fact the original one in central Florida was called the Florida Waffle Shop. Basically some of the employees/owners came down and opened one in Orlando. It was so popular they decided to make it a franchise and had to change the name to KeKe's. They have since opened several more in Central Florida area. I will warn you it can get pricey for breakfast (this is no Denny's) but the food is amazing and well worth it. Also, the pancakes are HUGE so you may not need more than one or two and they will sell just one. I love their Banana Chocolate Chip pancakes and I get the combo and make my 2 eggs omelet style with cheese and sausage.

It's only a $1 or $2 more than what you would pay for breakfast at IHOP though. The home fries are amazing, pancakes are awesomely delicious and fluffy, and I had the best stuffed french toast there.

Love the buffet at Islands Dining Room. Emeril's Tchoup Chop has a really good brunch too.

Islands is a good place for breakfast at RPR and on Sundays Islands has a character breakfast. Cafe La Bamba inside the Studios has a character breakfast everyday though reservations are required, the food is about the same quality as Three Broomsticks.

Last edited:
It's only a $1 or $2 more than what you would pay for breakfast at IHOP though. The home fries are amazing, pancakes are awesomely delicious and fluffy, and I had the best stuffed french toast there.

It probably is what we order. Like I said, I love the place and not trying to discourage anyone from going there. We go there quite a bit and love it.

well, a 10-minute drive, but a 30-minute bathroom break later also :lol:

Huh? I have never had issues with their food. Never been to the Dr. Phillips one though. We go to the other locations closer to us.

It probably is what we order. Like I said, I love the place and not trying to discourage anyone from going there. We go there quite a bit and love it.

Huh? I have never had issues with their food. Never been to the Dr. Phillips one though. We go to the other locations closer to us.

I think he just meant from all the food.

After the recent trip to HHNs, sadly, I must pull my endorsement of he TGIFs breakfast buffet.
Two trips two bad experiences, one bad day I can understand but you don't get two in a row from me, the quality had disappeared, no plates, no service, and no BACON, which is totally unforgivable!
Went to Golden Coral for their offerings and it was very enjoyable and will now be the default breakfast location for the foreseeable future.