Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
We've stayed in family suites in the outdoor section at Thunderbird (first floor outside room no ants, probably nicest room) and the one that starts with C (third floor, middle near elevator facing pool, a little loud from pool music).

Also stayed in a suite in the Continental Tower (6 floor, pool view at the very end of the floor) couldn't see the pool very well at all but I had a decent view of where the water park is rumored to be built. Oddly enough I felt the shelves and appliances were a little shoddy and not put together very well.

So there are family suites in both the outside buildings and then the buildings with interior hallways correct?

What sucks about these onsite hotels is the parking fee. $20 for a day is ridiculous. Is there a way to not have to pay for the fee. Aren't the gates at the CB always open?

^ They close the gates but there are so many issues with the exit system using your room key. All you have to do is press the button that says 'Help' or 'Call' and they buzz the gate open. So you could probably tell them at check in you don't have a car and park without paying.

The parking situation isn't the best there and is often pretty crowded so I would definitely err on the side of caution.

Has anyone stayed in a standard room, not pool facing. If so, which building should I request to have my room. Anything I should ask for or keep in mind?

For Early park entrance, are they really diligent about the hotel cards? How does it work?

Yeah, they're going to check your hotel card for entrance.

Has anyone stayed in a standard room, not pool facing. If so, which building should I request to have my room. Anything I should ask for or keep in mind?

We stayed in the Continental Tower and had a view of the future Sapphire Falls. We were pretty content with it.

Only stayed here once. Pretty sure we booked a tower room, but we ended up in the Thunderbird section (I believe). Our room did face the parking lot, but no worries there as our time in the room was often spent with the blackout curtain drawn as we were trying to get out of the sun if it was daylight out.

We were closer to the one pool than to the lazy river or the pool near it, but I did not find it inconvenient to get anywhere at the resort.

I do not think it was sold out on our first night, so we were able to find a parking spot that was near our room which was convenient.