Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
JungleSkip told us today that it is being built on the turkey lake road land and not on the adventure blvd land next to the Royal Pacific. Which is it? Who has been there and seen it with their own eyes?

Really? Yeah it's a value priced resort, but really? That makes no possible sense to torture your guests by driving to get to City Walk. If that is true they should AT LEAST get free parking in the garage. That's gotta be a bad rumor.

....... That's gotta be a bad rumor. I'm sorry.
my money's on a shuttle bus... since they already offer a smaller service for handicap / when boats out of service... there is the shelter next to universal studios from when it used to be the original drop off / pick up area.

IOA could use the other route next to it's entrance if they wanted...

JungleSkip told us today that it is being built on the turkey lake road land and not on the adventure blvd land next to the Royal Pacific. Which is it? Who has been there and seen it with their own eyes?
I know for a fact that some of the old boats ( 2 of the former resort boats that have been retired) and props that have been sitting on that parcel have been removed... I can see it when i drive in from Orlando VIA I-4

Well what's so bad about the boat service? No doubt it will have walk ways and a shuttle bus, but it's easier and quicker to take boat. Unless you feel like using a shuttle bus or walking is faster than taking the boat.

Well what's so bad about the boat service? No doubt it will have walk ways and a shuttle bus, but it's easier and quicker to take boat. Unless you feel like using a shuttle bus or walking is faster than taking the boat.

It's really expensive and time consuming to build. Much easier to pave a walkway and get a shuttle bus.

I've thrown together a (very) rough map of the new resort from artwork and google maps -

cabana2.png
------------>>>
cabana.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dmkrc5
Now I'm kicking myself for not seeing Royal Pacific last June. I can see why walking is better at RP and possibly for CBB, but with everything in that resort so close, I rather have the boats instead of the shuttles in UOR. Maybe when they add something in the staging area next door, then they can put in the waterway.

- - - Updated - - -

I've thrown together a (very) rough map of the new resort from artwork and google maps -

cabana2.png
------------>>>
cabana.png

That's my point, although that was 2007. Thanks for the picture!

When staying at the Hard Rock, we decided just to walk. By the time the boat even came, you could have walked and been back in the hotel already. However, I do think that having the boat would be a nice option.

FYI, that's old artwork. Not relevant to this project. The resort will only be on the left plot of land.

Jeesh he was just trying to show what it might look like, and he included the plot on the left too. Yah it might be old artwork but they could still use that same design and layout since it seems to resemble RP anyway.

When staying at the Hard Rock, we decided just to walk. By the time the boat even came, you could have walked and been back in the hotel already. However, I do think that having the boat would be a nice option.

I would think that they would have the boat... There are people that can't walk all the way to the park (for disability reasons) or simply don't want to. As for the shuttle being the only mode of transport besides walking to the parks, I've always had terrible luck with them. The times at which they depart are few and far between and I think they charge, unlike the water taxi.

If they don't extend the waterway. they will have to run a shuttle. They won't charge anything. And I would imagine that they would work very much like Disney's bus system. But I would LOVE for them to come up with a more novel transportation system like running a gondola similar to the old skyway only very modern with air conditioned gondolas with onboard sound. Could be Universal's answer to WDWs Monorail.

2841352216_543bea743c.jpg

^ That would be awesome, but I wonder how they would run with the hotels on each side. They won't have each hotel with their own lift, so they need to create two stations on each side. Also, where would you put it in existing hotels. This would definitely be the answer to the WDW monorail, but they should have done this sooner. Maybe in less than a decade. The boat system right now is their answer and it's a great system.

One from Cabana Bay>RP>CityWalk, the second from Portofino Bay>HRH>CityWalk. That would take some of the pressure off the Water Taxis and just add another layer of cool to the resort.

I am huge fan of Gondolas. I still think they need one at DAK that goes from Pandora>Dinoland>Asia>Africa>Pandora. Keep it in the treetops and make the gondolas dark green. Once again air condition them and have on board music and announcements.

Last edited: