Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lol, yeah that whole Potter thing is gonna jack EVERYTHING up. Wait til everyone sees the new ticket tier system and pricing. Then figure in Express passes going up, Potter and major Merch going up 3-5%, parking going up,Food and Beverage going up 3-5%, and then you need to count on several up charge features similar to the Cinespec up charges at Duffs and Lombards coming to both parks for separate reasons. It's going to be very very expensive Universal vacation for many but still very comparable to Disney. Only thing is Universal is delivering a massive amount of new product headlined by the biggest themepark success ever, Potter. So in the end while it will be expensive most won't even flinch in order to experience all of the new hotness that's coming.

As someone who has absorbed the price increases since USF turned into a resort in '99, I have no issue with that. Especially paying for a large family to stay at the resort/Loews. I will gladly pay the money for a solid product offering, as we did up until the late 90s at Disney. I just hope that Universal doesn't get sucked into the Disney trap of overbuilding the resort to a point that they can't maintain what they have, where they have restaurant operations dependent on dining plans, advance reservations needed for god knows what, budget-hacked attraction additions, cheapening of service provided by hotels, less loyalty to long standing customers (AP), etc. That is where Disney lost me. Raising prices is one thing, chasing unsustainable growth is another.

In the upcoming years, the job market in Orlando will cause many Disney middle managers to attempt a stint up the road at Universal. In the past, this was great because it was typically Disney staff who "got it" and left the Mouse frustrated to only succeed at Universal. I hope strong leadership remains at Comcast to hedge against future Disney riff-raff who might bring that awful culture with them.

Reactions: natespf
Lol, yeah that whole Potter thing is gonna jack EVERYTHING up. Wait til everyone sees the new ticket tier system and pricing. Then figure in Express passes going up, Potter and major Merch going up 3-5%, parking going up,Food and Beverage going up 3-5%, and then you need to count on several up charge features similar to the Cinespec up charges at Duffs and Lombards coming to both parks for separate reasons. It's going to be very very expensive Universal vacation for many but still very comparable to Disney. Only thing is Universal is delivering a massive amount of new product headlined by the biggest themepark success ever, Potter. So in the end while it will be expensive most won't even flinch in order to experience all of the new hotness that's coming.

well im not complaining...yet... as long as i can still afford my annual pass i will have no problems. Thanks for info as always HTF!!!

Any chances the lazy river will be up and running by early November? I've had 11 days planned at Royal Pacific but I'm tempted to change two of those days to Cabana Bay to enjoy the new building plus the lazy river and the bowling alley.

Any chances the lazy river will be up and running by early November? I've had 11 days planned at Royal Pacific but I'm tempted to change two of those days to Cabana Bay to enjoy the new building plus the lazy river and the bowling alley.

I wouldn't switch your reservations if the only motivation to do so is the new resort's amenities. If it's like the other hotels on property, your key will give you access to the pool and all that good stuff. If I was you, I'd keep my reservations at the RPH. That way if the lazy river isn't up and running for whatever reason, you don't throw away any Royal Pacific days, but if it is you can still go over and use it even from the Royal Pacific...it's a win win :thumbs: Enjoy your trip!

Is the lazy river expected to open later for some reason? I know Universal said the rest of the rooms will be open by July 1st.

Is the lazy river expected to open later for some reason? I know Universal said the rest of the rooms will be open by July 1st.

That's just a few weeks after Potter opening :wave:

I don't think I've seen this anywhere else until now, but on Facebook Retro Renovation just posted a picture of Cabana Bay's Galaxy Bowl bowling alley:

1450296_10152089652253128_1661667288_n.jpg

Reactions: TylerDurden
Someone posted plans for the lazy river somewhere, anyone got a link?

Someone posted plans for the lazy river somewhere, anyone got a link?

From @UORBuzz

"Can't wait to float around in the lazy river at Cabana Bay! The plans look nice. pic.twitter.com/0AQjudUckG"

BZfFbObCIAAj6ga.png:large

When asked where he got these from, he responded:

"@OrlandoInformer was bored and did a records search for Universal City on the South Florida Water Management website http://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/PopulateLOVs.do?flag=1"

That link is broken for me, though... Maybe those of you who know how to get around the SFWM website can pull up a bigger image, and maybe more goodies :thumbs:

Reactions: natespf