Cabana Bay Beach Resort | Page 70 | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana Bay Beach Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Checking in for my first stay 6/27! Can't wait to be lazy in the river. Anyone know how early/late the buses run?

I don't recall the exact times, but they ran every 15 mins and started before early hour park entrance. Very convenient and our bus driver going over was great. The walking bridge was under construction and he said they actually completed it a week ago, but Godzilla got to it so they are having to rebuild it.

I don't recall the exact times, but they ran every 15 mins and started before early hour park entrance. Very convenient and our bus driver going over was great. The walking bridge was under construction and he said they actually completed it a week ago, but Godzilla got to it so they are having to rebuild it.
Where was Kong when we needed him?

I know they run until at least 2:00 AM, maybe 2:30 AM is final bus. Everything was closing around 11:00 at Cabana when I stayed, not sure if that was only because it was half open or if that is their permanent hours.

From TouringPlans

BqBX15xCMAA7tBh.jpg:large

You would think this "fun room" would have big splashy artwork on the walls. As is, it looks like a clinic.

I did think that looked a little depressing :lol: Can you imagine being thrown in that room and having the door closed behind you? Its like a prison!

From TouringPlans

BqBX15xCMAA7tBh.jpg:large

You would think this "fun room" would have big splashy artwork on the walls. As is, it looks like a clinic.

That photo made me laugh out loud. Without context, I would've thought it was a photo of a naked kid being mobbed by a gang of evil, anthropomorphic bean bags.

And yes, they went way too austere with the decor of that room. It is in dire need of a big, colourful mural. STAT!

When I toured CBBR that room was completely empty. All the fun was happening at the arcade and the bowling alley nearby. This definitely needs more color and art, especially for a kids' "fun room." Once the entire hotel is open, more people will be flocking to these areas during the midday showers or just to get out of the heat for a bit, and I'm sure the arcade and bowling won't be enough for everyone, so this room will probably get a lot of use. Hopefully they'll bring it up to par with the rest of the hotel which has a really great and cohesive design.

All open as of today. Lazy river is upcharge, which seems kinda cheap of them. The new buildings look great though, all in all a very aesthetically pleasing resort.

Someone on Twitter said $10 per tube rental. What about bringing your own tube or going in tubeless?
It would be a dirty thing to make people pay just to go in the lazy river at the resort they are staying in.

Someone on Twitter said $10 per tube rental. What about bringing your own tube or going in tubeless?
It would be a dirty thing to make people pay just to go in the lazy river at the resort they are staying in.

Yeah, it kinda defeats the purpose of having it in the first place. It would be understandable if people had to pay for "special" tubes.

I've seen the tube rental fee before at a nicer resort (bring your own optional) so I can kind of get behind that. If it is just to get in that is insanity. If they do charge I'd imagine complaints would be through the roof and those non-complimentary express passes would suddenly be offered.

I guess I can buy a $12 tube for my stay. And then what.. lug it back and forth from my room? Did they think this all the way through?