Cabana vs Royal Pacific | Inside Universal Forums

Cabana vs Royal Pacific

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
stayed at both several times and I enjoy but if money isn't an issue I would choose RPR. Nicer resort all round and Express passes make it worth the extra $$$s in my eyes.

Reactions: twebber55
Yes, I've stayed at both. Nice having a suite at Cabana for less than a room at RP. Love the CBBR pools, 50's 60's throwback bright neon in the evening, lazy river. Nice theme at RP and really good restaurants, plus water transportation. If it was September I would choose CBBR, but for June I'd book RP with Express being the tiebreaker. CBBR really surprised me for the money. It's a moderate resort (Disney ranking) at the price of a value.

CBBR is really nice for a value resort, and I really do like their rooms quite a bit. For me the added value of RP comes in with the boat/walk to the parks and express passes and that is why we generally stay there. I would say Tchoup Chop was a big perk too, but I in my opinion their old menu was a lot better than the new one.

Yeah, it sucks. If it were 2-3 days I'd suck it up, but we go for 2 weeks so it's an extra $240 plus we'd still have to pay for parking when we went Disney too!

This is what puts me off. I've been looking at hotels for a trip in September recently and I can't justify staying there for 2 weeks at that price. Virgin Holidays in their January sale had free parking if you stayed at cabana bay.

I can see if being a budget hotel if you were staying for a few nights and only doing universal.

Exactly! We're going September too, and wanted to stay at Uni as we're gonna do a lot of HHN, but I think we're gonna be staying at Pop Century now. I've not booked it though haha!

Trust me. Pop Century isn't anywhere near playing in the same league as Cabana Bay. Cabana Bay would be like a Premier League team competing against some small town club team. There is no comparison. Don't let CBBR's price structure fool you. If CBBR had Express Pass, it would be a tough choice between CBBR and Royal Pacific.

I'm sure the Disney resorts are burying parking costs in the room charge somewhere too, but it does feel dirty having to pay for parking... especially when I could park for free at the park. Cabana Bay is way way way better than Pop Century. That is the lowest ranked hotel of all the resorts for me (stayed at almost every hotel at the resorts).

Also, if you are staying at Disney, the parking is no longer free for the theme parks. They now charge you to park if you are going to the theme parks to encourage the use of the buses.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
I would rather they just go ahead and add the parking into the price. I know its the same either way, but at least that way I don't have to feel like I"m being charged "extra fees" just for the heck of it. Unfortunately, most of Orlando is going this route now, along with generic "resort fees" and "water park" fees for getting access to the pools.

Wild, I never knew that parking was free for resort guests before.
I don't know if that above post is correct. Parking at WDW parks, if you're staying at a resort was still free when I was there a few months ago. I've read that Disney has been tightening up on off site people sneaking into a Disney resort and taking a bus to the parks to avoid paying for parking. And, when we were at Carib. Beach, they checked our MB's every time we came in, whereas in past years we were just waved through. But I'm thinking parking is still free for on site hotel guests. Maybe I'm wrong and missed the announcement on that, but I don't recall one. Heck their buses are overcrowded as it is. Rarely are seats available during the busy times of the day.

I don't know if that above post is correct. Parking at WDW parks, if you're staying at a resort was still free when I was there a few months ago. I've read that Disney has been tightening up on off site people sneaking into a Disney resort and taking a bus to the parks to avoid paying for parking. And, when we were at Carib. Beach, they checked our MB's every time we came in, whereas in past years we were just waved through. But I'm thinking parking is still free for on site hotel guests. Maybe I'm wrong and missed the announcement on that, but I don't recall one. Heck their buses are overcrowded as it is. Rarely are seats available during the busy times of the day.
You can probably still get away with it on the monorails pretty easily... just make a dining reservation, park at resort, go park hopping.

I would rather they just go ahead and add the parking into the price. I know its the same either way, but at least that way I don't have to feel like I"m being charged "extra fees" just for the heck of it. Unfortunately, most of Orlando is going this route now, along with generic "resort fees" and "water park" fees for getting access to the pools.

It is a pain that Uni charge extra for parking (it annoys me no end) but when you think about it it's a fairer way of going about it.

Uni are upfront with their room rates and parking charges, if you have a car you pay parking if you don't have a car then you don't pay parking.

Disney are not so up front with these charges as they will without doubt have factored parking into their room rates, so you will inadvertently be paying for parking. Difference with this system is that you pay for parking whether you have a car or not.