Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Cars area coming to Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My guess is this version won’t have a high speed section, which saves a ton of space. I think that’s why they made a point to talk about the elevation/terrain stuff, assuming that’s where the bulk of the “thrill” for this ride would come from (for better or worse).
So essentially Indiana Jones levels of intensity, but faster and real.

Reactions: OrlandoGuy
My guess is that it’s some version of this ride system. The near miss ability of this ride system could be a good replacement to the racing element of RSR.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
My guess is that it’s some version of this ride system. I remember them touting some kind of near miss ability of this ride system during IAAPA, which could be a good replacement to the racing element of RSR.

Bringing the first real world utilization of any system like this to the busiest theme park in the world is a recipe for disaster.

I think it would benefit Disney to shed some light on the ride system just to calm the nerves of people worried that we'll lose the Rivers of America for a ride that won't work or will close frequently in inclement weather.