Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cats (2019 film)

giphy.gif

Cats the musical is trash.

This movie looks like trash, but hilarious trash. The Rebel Wilson cat having visible breasts that jiggle is like, the icing on the cake of absolute pure insanity ridiculous that is this glorious trainwreck.

I will not see it, but I am here for the memes. And oh boy... the memes are fantastic.

It'll do $300 to 400 mil WW tops.

This is very freakish. Very unsettling
I seriously do not think i could stare at a giant screen in a theater while this plays.
Just the trailer on my computer gave me goosebumps. Im not trying to exaggerate or joke about it either. Feels Very unconfortable.

Im not trying to hate. But this is very strange. Why universal...why....

why am i oddly attracted to Taylor Swift in cat form, but not in real life?

I may need to see a doctor.

also...this trailer is hilarious. and that rendition of "alone in the moonlight" was terrible.

So... I LOVE the stage version. I saw it a couple of times, and it was a fave soundtrack growing up (my wife bought me a copy of Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats a few years ago). That said...

It looks remarkably true to how I remember it. At least visually. Dialogue is... New. I get it though. The narrative of Cats is pretty abstract (cats “competing” to ascend to the Heavyside Layer), and needs the dialogue to make sense.

I saw it getting dragged hard on Twitter. The screen grabs make it look deserved. And Tom Hooper is a hack. But, damn, when they’re in motion, I get it and I dig it.

And Jason Derulo as Rum Tum Tugger is tops.

Edit - Corrected Jeliside to Heavyside. The Jeliside Layer is our world (all the cats are "Jelicle Cats"). Heavyside is "heaven." And, yes, my nerdiness is showing.

I appreciate your honesty and candor.