Cats (2019 film) | Inside Universal Forums

Cats (2019 film)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Universal has debuted information and footage of their adaptation of the Broadway legend; Cats, at Cinemacon. And this is what one Scott Wampler has to say..

His thread, gives very..interesting incite towards this purrdictament; so I'd give it a read.

Reactions: tankart150
If anything, I'm just curious to see how this film is a catastrophe, especially with how it's sounding.

Hopeful, but I have..a lot of concerns. At the very least, i'm hoping it's not as bad as last year's Mamma Mia Sequel.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
A feature length Cats movie. Who would pay to see that?
735c219aa6c067577e42f69c17ec43d4.jpg

Also when a movie is based around a music group's best hits, is the sequel based around their 2nd best hits?

Mamma Mia 2 is better than the first one, and that’s a hill I’ll die on.

Also, Andrew Lloyd Webber is wildly overrated. I just can’t imagine Cats translating well to film, at all.
On your first point, I'm intrigued. I LOVE the Mama Mia musical (proper) but hated the film. I may give the sequel a shot. To be frank, any excuse to listen to Abba...

On your second point, agreed. Evita is, I think, his BEST show followed by Phantom making a decent showing. I haven't seen School of Rock, but was impressed by the soundtrack. Everything else isn't good.

I'll admit, Cats is a guilty pleasure though.

Reactions: ChristopherSE