Cedar Point 2013 | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Cedar Point 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From @cedarpoint

Construction of GateKeeper's first hill is underway

iiICmhuKvIwLX.jpg

GateKeeper going skyward!

ibililRb2OsksV.jpg

I'm just excited that there will no longer be an ugly warehouse blocking that great view of the Lake. You'll be able to see it on the ride and from the midway, finally. Disappointed I won't be back to the park until at least 2014, though. Its definitely different not going there a few times every year (ok, more like 6 or 7, even with a 3 hour drive. :lol: ), but I just need a Giant Frisbee and Screamin' Swing and I'd be set down here. ;)

I have a question for those of you that have made the trek up to Cedar Point: does anyone have any advice on how to take a relatively inexpensive trip up there? Discounts on tickets? Inexpensive-but-not-nasty hotels? I live in Georgia, but am fixing to move to South Carolina in about a week, so the trip is going to be long either way. We'd probably drive up with a group of friends and stay for about three days. Any advice?

I have a question for those of you that have made the trek up to Cedar Point: does anyone have any advice on how to take a relatively inexpensive trip up there? Discounts on tickets? Inexpensive-but-not-nasty hotels? I live in Georgia, but am fixing to move to South Carolina in about a week, so the trip is going to be long either way. We'd probably drive up with a group of friends and stay for about three days. Any advice?

The best way to do Cedar Point is to stay on property at Breakers. I've tried staying at surrounding hotels, but have just always felt it's better to stay on property. Being only a minute walk from the park is worth every penny. The Fairfield Inn is pretty nice though in Sandusky. (about $100 a night)

I went with some friends last summer, and we were able to do the whole trip for only about $100 a person plus food. We also drove though (I used to live only 5 hours away) which saves money.

The best advice I can give is to go during the week early in the season. We went and got a special mid-week deal on the hotel room for 2 nights and it came bundled with tickets and everything. We hardly waited in line for anything and got to ride most rides 2-3 times.

I checked and doesn't look like the rates are out yet for Breakers, but I strongly suggest it. Early admission is included, which is a great perk.

The best way to do Cedar Point is to stay on property at Breakers. I've tried staying at surrounding hotels, but have just always felt it's better to stay on property. Being only a minute walk from the park is worth every penny. The Fairfield Inn is pretty nice though in Sandusky. (about $100 a night)

I went with some friends last summer, and we were able to do the whole trip for only about $100 a person plus food. We also drove though (I used to live only 5 hours away) which saves money.

The best advice I can give is to go during the week early in the season. We went and got a special mid-week deal on the hotel room for 2 nights and it came bundled with tickets and everything. We hardly waited in line for anything and got to ride most rides 2-3 times.

I checked and doesn't look like the rates are out yet for Breakers, but I strongly suggest it. Early admission is included, which is a great perk.

Every time I've looked into doing it, it's been at Breakers. We'd be going with a small group of friends, so hopefully that would cut down on some of the cost. Thanks for the tips!

Let me dust off the cobwebs and recall some info and I can give you plenty of tips. I was a "local" (less than an hour away) for 12 years, and then went every year for the next 5, as well as working there for a few years. Some things have changed since I moved away, but the basic travel strategies should still be similar.

Looks great. Too bad I can't go this year, as we're spending our money on Universal...even though it's 15 hours away and Cedar Point is only 4...oh well...

That pretty much confirms what I thought from the start, Space Spiral got the axe because of maintenance reasons, and not because it was in the way. Such a shame, it was so iconic in the skyline for most visitors.

The entrance plaza for the ride is pretty cool, though. That is one of the best areas on the beach, along with the section right before the break wall along Sandcastle Suites, so the view will be nice on clear days. Finally the beach is "clear" again from the front to the back of the peninsula!