Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cedar Point

I'm sure it has to do with CGA and Wicked Twister being relocated there, not another Intamin for CP.

So, Screamscape has some interesting pictures of Mean Streak 2.0. I am guessing multiple loops/twists but the thing that I like the most is that it looks like the hills will be steep and fast. Aside from the roughness, I felt the coaster made no use of its speed and potential. It looks like RMC won't have that problem. I am very curious now about what all will be included but I am guessing that MS could hit 70+ mph.

There was a picture a while back that someone posted somewhere said looked like the High Five element. Looks like that's true.

I'd bet money on this being a single roller coaster and not a dueling/racing ride. There are no track connectors on any of the flanges that support the theory of this having multiple tracks. Currently, the ride as it stands today, is about 50% retracked. Looks like the lift and first drop are the next to-do items on RMC's renovation list. Can't wait to see a 200+ foot tall Mean Streak in about a month from now :)

There was a picture a while back that someone posted somewhere said looked like the High Five element. Looks like that's true.

I'm wondering if it's "dueling" as in you interact with prior sent out cars. Sounds hard based on dispatches but I've heard of crazier ideas....

I'm wondering if it's "dueling" as in you interact with prior sent out cars. Sounds hard based on dispatches but I've heard of crazier ideas....

probably not the best example to use bit the smiler self duels, so it is doable.

Whatever it is that little marketing clip as peeked my interest enough to keep an eye on the thread.

I don't think that Mean Streak will be higher than its current height (160 -170 feet). The first drop will probably be reprofiled to a very steep drop (guessing around 80 degrees) with a quick airtime bump before the coaster pulls up into the first incline. Speed will probably increase to low 70's and the layout will utilize the hills/height to much greater advantage. This is just a guess, though.

^Given that the second hill is a good 145-155 feet tall, it'd be physically impossible for it to make a complete circuit in its current form. You can expect a 200+ foot Mean Streak.