Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cedar Point

Lol Yeesh. I guess Cedar Point blew all their budget on Steel Vengeance & going really, really small for 2019. Well they're actually still blowing their budget considering it's still having major issues. They're going have to RMC the RMC.

I don't blame them going small considering they invested millions & millions of dollars on SV and yet it led a decline in attendance & revenue. As much flack as Six Flags gets, much of it deserved, they actually had an increase in revenue & attendance by making smaller investments.

Except that Ghost Time Alive is a seasonal addition to the park, not the official annual addition. This just seems like a rather strange choice. Financially though, it makes sense. I just don't see how this is going to move the needle for Cedar Point, that's all.

Do you really want them to try to one-up themselves in less than a year?

Lol Yeesh. I guess Cedar Point blew all their budget on Steel Vengeance & going really, really small for 2019. Well they're actually still blowing their budget considering it's still having major issues. They're going have to RMC the RMC.

I don't blame them going small considering they invested millions & millions of dollars on SV and yet it led a decline in attendance & revenue. As much flack as Six Flags gets, much of it deserved, they actually had an increase in revenue & attendance by making smaller investments.

Except that Ghost Time Alive is a seasonal addition to the park, not the official annual addition. This just seems like a rather strange choice. Financially though, it makes sense. I just don't see how this is going to move the needle for Cedar Point, that's all.

This was likely in the planning phase starting last year.

I think you missed my point. What I said is that it's financially smart of them to make a smaller investment this year. It's just an odd choice they made with that investment. I don't see how it's going to pay off for them, but we shall see.

With Dinosaurs Alive hitting the road, this is an easy usage of that space without really investing much capital. Plus, typical expenditures are coasters either every other year or every third year. I agree with you. Why would they one-up themselves? They need to get some ROI on Steel Vengeance (assuming that it will start running effectively).

So what is Forbidden Island going to be? I keep hearing "Ghost Town Alive 2.0", but how exactly would that work? I don't see how there would be a lot to work with. I'm interested in knowing more.

So what is Forbidden Island going to be? I keep hearing "Ghost Town Alive 2.0", but how exactly would that work? I don't see how there would be a lot to work with. I'm interested in knowing more.

Sadly, we don't know that much more.

Don't people love Ghost Town Alive? It being seasonal anyway is even more fitting given Cedar point is seasonal. It would be a considerable entertainment investment to put on something like it at Cedar Point when seasonal parks have largely cut entertainment. I would welcome the change. Cedar point could definitely use the variety. Also as cedar point has quite a number of resort/multi day guests, this would certainly have a market for those who have extended time to spend in the parks.

Don't people love Ghost Town Alive? It being seasonal anyway is even more fitting given Cedar point is seasonal. It would be a considerable entertainment investment to put on something like it at Cedar Point when seasonal parks have largely cut entertainment. I would welcome the change. Cedar point could definitely use the variety. Also as cedar point has quite a number of resort/multi day guests, this would certainly have a market for those who have extended time to spend in the parks.

I would also say that this could possibly enable a Permahaunt location for them if they were creative enough and did a mini-western town within this whole project.

That said, I think this actually could work. It has to rely on the talent, and how they'll use the Dinosaurs Alive/Shoot plots.

I have a hard time seeing a dark ride in the arcade space just because of the structure. It certainly wouldn't be anything like we've grown accustomed to in the modern era of dark rides considering the low ceiling height plus no real wide open spaces for large scenes or screens. If installing a dark ride means cannibalizing the ballroom upstairs, I absolutely don't want to see that happen. No matter how unrealistic, I still hold out hope of seeing it fully refurbished and returned to a functioning park show space despite the ADA challenges.

Very close, the big building right across the midway from it. Upstairs is the old ballroom, downstairs is the arcade. The entrances are on the sides and the front of the building on the main midway. Some entertainment offices were/are on the back side of the Coliseum building.

IIRC the arcade can also be used as a pathway back to the main midway. It's very boardwalk-like, which is one of the things I adore about Cedar Point. If they make it a dark ride that will clog up traffic more a bit.