Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Cedar Point

IIRC the arcade can also be used as a pathway back to the main midway. It's very boardwalk-like, which is one of the things I adore about Cedar Point. If they make it a dark ride that will clog up traffic more a bit.

Eh, not really, since there's no entrance on the back (beach) side of the Coliseum. There's a 3 point challenge in front of that side of the building directly across from Wicked Twister's entrance, so you just walk along the side of the building through either Kiddy Kingdom (my personal hell for the first few weeks of summer '07) or Planet Snoopy (my occasional change of pace for summer '08) to get to the arcade entrances on the sides of the building or to get back to the main midway.

Google Maps

IIRC the arcade can also be used as a pathway back to the main midway. It's very boardwalk-like, which is one of the things I adore about Cedar Point. If they make it a dark ride that will clog up traffic more a bit.

Maybe they could make it kind of a historical walkthrough for the park? I always liked cutting through it.

Eh, not really, since there's no entrance on the back (beach) side of the Coliseum. There's a 3 point challenge in front of that side of the building directly across from Wicked Twister's entrance, so you just walk along the side of the building through either Kiddy Kingdom (my personal hell for the first few weeks of summer '07) or Planet Snoopy (my occasional change of pace for summer '08) to get to the arcade entrances on the sides of the building or to get back to the main midway.

Google Maps

This is what I meant, you can access the side right to cut thru either and go straight from one end of the arcade to another. Essentially a way to cut thru traffic.

Earthquake and Pirate were the same thing, the building is still there

Nope, Earthquake was where the current Snoopy shop is, between the Pagoda gift shop and Coliseum. That ride was well before my time, but I do remember Pirate Ride. It was pretty good for a regional park dark ride from that era, with a few big sets, and that pirate ship play area outside was my favorite thing ever as a kid. I would definitely be interested in seeing them partner with Sally or someone else to bring either of them back to life, just not in the first floor of the Coliseum if it means messing with the ballroom.

Last edited:
Nope, Earthquake was where the current Snoopy shop is, between the Pagoda gift shop and Coliseum. That ride was well before my time, but I do remember Pirate Ride. It was pretty good for a regional park dark ride from that era, with a few big sets, and that pirate ship play area outside was my favorite thing ever as a kid. I would definitely be interested in seeing them partner with Sally or someone else to bring either of them back to life, just not in the first floor of the Coliseum if it means messing with the ballroom.

I rode the Earthquake ride when I was maybe 8 years old or so. It was very jerky as the guide rail turned very sharply. It was fun, though. I mean, I was eight so who knows how it really was? I remember "people" halfway falling out of windows and walls tilting forward. It was a good little ride and something I think Cedar Point (along with the Cedar Fair chain overall) is missing. My favorite dark ride from childhood was the Enchanted Voyage at Kings Island (when it was still Hanna Barbara Land and prior to the Smurf's). Great boat ride with the catchiest tune. You can Youtube it as well but those old cameras didn't so well with dark rides.

I'm expecting Steel Vengence to be one of those select rides that everyone hypes up and it still blows me away just like lightning rod did.

Good News!
They are putting pouches on Steel Vengeance for phones and other small loose articles. Now you can have your phone in line and are no longer forced to pay for a locker.

Cedar Point reverses policy, will allow cellphones in Steel Vengeance line | cleveland.com

SANDUSKY, Ohio – Cedar Point is reversing a controversial policy and will again allow visitors waiting in line for Steel Vengeance to carry cellphones.

The park is adding zippered pouches to the bottom of the roller coaster seats, to hold phones and other loose items.

Last summer, park officials raised the ire of many coaster fans by prohibiting cellphones in the queue for Cedar Point’s new record-breaking ride Steel Vengeance.

The coaster, which debuted in May, features four inversions. During its early weeks of operations, numerous guests lost cell phones and other items on the wild ride.

In an email Sunday, park spokesman Tony Clark said: “Standard safety rules still apply - the only change is that cell phones can be brought into line. Zippered pouches are being added to the trains for their cell phones.”...

52590307_10215227766461866_8182633093744558080_n.jpg

Just a heads up for anyone following but there are a number of 2 ticket for any cedar fair park combos being sold on eBay. I think they need to be used in the same park but you can buy and use in any park you decide. We are talking two tickets to Cedar Point through 9/2 for under $60 total. They are being early season undervalued and one of the best deals in years.

Ok cool. Literally never ever had an issue on ebay in about 10 different ticket transactions, some of which were disney multi days. Just make sure you are buying from a reputable seller by the feedback. Heck I could have gotten scammed one of those times and still would have saved more money overall than you scaredy cats.