"Celebrate the Magic" Nighttime Show Coming Nov 2012 | Inside Universal Forums

"Celebrate the Magic" Nighttime Show Coming Nov 2012

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 30, 2011
According to Marni over at WDWMagic, MM&Y will be closing on September 3rd. He says they are preparing a brand new show as well as fixing infrastructure and relocating the projectors. No date has been given for the new show but it is believed to be ready by the holidays.

For what it is worth allow me to add that I heard the exact same thing backstage from a conversation between two show producers back in December of last year.

Hate me all you want, I absolutely love Wishes and I never want it to go. Ever. It's so perfect and even though I've literally seen it 20+ times, I can't get over it.

Magic, Memories and You is really good as well, but I'm not completely upset that its closing. I especially hate that screen they put in front of the castle for the show, and they don't bother to take it down before Wishes starts. It's really annoying in pictures of the castle/firework.

Hate me all you want, I absolutely love Wishes and I never want it to go. Ever. It's so perfect and even though I've literally seen it 20+ times, I can't get over it.

Magic, Memories and You is really good as well, but I'm not completely upset that its closing. I especially hate that screen they put in front of the castle for the show, and they don't bother to take it down before Wishes starts. It's really annoying in pictures of the castle/firework.

Hey, at least it ain't a birthday cake :thumbs:

Reactions: Cwoolboy
DISNEY Dreams?

(The show is great in person btw, as with most night time shows videos don't do it justice...)

I know a version of the show has been planned for MK. Whether it happens soon or not...well, you know the deal.

And it's a very good show in person. It needs A LOT more pyro though. But overall it's better than anything we have in WDW.

From the Parks Blog:

Beginning in November, “Celebrate the Magic” at Magic Kingdom Park will transform Cinderella Castle with spectacular new projection effects. Disney Parks Blog readers are among the first to see our newest sneak peek images.

kal228975SMALL.jpg

When shows begin, “Celebrate the Magic” will feature all-new music, storytelling and special effects. It’ll be a journey to the heart of the most beloved Disney stories and characters, according to show director Katy Harris

Do they still do the white lights castle christmas show or is this a replacement?

Yes, the crane is actually up right now placing those lights on a castle for Christmas. This "new" show is simply the Magic, Memories & You show's tech with different film being projected.

They did a preview (with no announcement...) on the 12th (before Holiday Wishes) when I was there. DEFINITELY cooler than MM&Y. They kept a lot of the more popular segments from MM&Y like the rocket ship, pirates (with enhancement), etc. It's definitely a cool show and gives the guests something to look at before Wishes.