Change Journey into Imagination | Inside Universal Forums

Change Journey into Imagination

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 27, 2012
Earth
This pavilion is in dire need of help. It has low attendance, the ride is terrible and the Captain EO movie outdated. I have a wonderful idea. Re-theme and rename it Journey to the Land of Oz. The Ride could be "follow the yellow brick road" where you are Dorthy and you Encounter the Scare Crow, Tin-man, and Lion. The Que area would be themed to Munchkin land. The ends at the Emerald City, where the post show area could be filled with interactive games and displays made by the Great and powerful Wizard of OZ. Finally, the 3-D theater would complete the story with Dorthy's last encounter and defeat of the Wicked witch. The most popular part of the great movie ride is the final scene in munchkin land, so this is the next step. After the pavilion is complete, Disney could change the ending of the Great movie ride to have either the Emperors thrown room scene from Return of the Jedi or a scene from the Avengers movie. What do you think.

Oz doesn't need to be in Epcot. Only for Flower and Garden promotions :lol: There is talk of a 2015 Epcot project, maybe this will be it?

Oz belongs in both MGM and MK, don't expand it. And while Imagination needs a lot of help I still don't think anyone wants to see Figment go away. Captain EO's relevance is gone now that the initial post MJ death audience has basically gone.

Yeah it really needs help. There are rides that never have lines, that during peak times actually have lines (The land boat ride), but this ride really never has a line. I laughed that they put Fast Pass+ in this ride.

I also think Captain EO is now outdated now that the post MJ death has faded away. So they need to update both of these to something else, but what would fit into Epcot? Since both need updates they could really do anything, but it would need to fit into the Epcot theme and I don't think Oz does.

I don't get why people dislike Figment (not the character, the ride) - I enjoyed it. I know it's not as good as it was, but as a ride as it's own, it's fine. I have found that attendance is very low in the pavilion, but I don't think changing the ride will attract anyone else...

I saw the title and got excited!! Only to be letdown yet again...

I don't get why people dislike Figment (not the character, the ride) - I enjoyed it. I know it's not as good as it was, but as a ride as it's own, it's fine. I have found that attendance is very low in the pavilion, but I don't think changing the ride will attract anyone else...

I'm not 100% sure but I think it's more so what it is now compared to what it used to be that really bothers people.

If they're going to do anything with Imagination... they should just make it how it was originally... and bring back the imageworks.

If they're going to do anything with Imagination... they should just make it how it was originally... and bring back the imageworks.

Would I be glad it's back? At first, yeah. But I've had my fill of TDO trotting out decades old entertainment and pretending it's new.

Replace it with a 3D, motion-enhanced TRON ride!! Hold on -- they already did that? -- with Test Tr --- Ohhhhhhhh, okay. :rofl: Now, I know that the new TT is only kind of influenced by the style of Tron, but if they hadn't done so this could actually be a considered replacement IMO. But now, there would be too many comparisons drawn.

No Oz. No Wreck-It Ralph. No Tron. Improving Imagination shouldn't be that hard or overly costly.

1. I love Monty Python, but kill Eric Idle's character. Bring back an updated version of the Dreamfinder with Figment. Somehow utilize the old story idea with newer ride interactions.

2. Reopen Imageworks. I like some of the newer stuff they have in the current post-ride area; so if they could build on that upstairs with some old Imageworks themes, voilà. But keep the Rainbow Corridor as is, I loved that thing when I was a kid.

3. A replacement for EO. Honey I Shrunk The Kids updated wouldn't be too bad, but something fresher would be better here IMO. I think a movie based Walt Disney's imagination would be different. It could be informative, yet kid friendly with some of the classic Disney characters and how they were "imagined".

As someone who experienced this pavilion in it's heyday, it's disappointing not seeing it at it's full potential.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
I don't have any problem with the ride to be completely honest. I wouldn't mind if they updated it, but I'm not begging for a change. However, I do really want Disney to re-open the top floor. The Pavilion feels really small, and opening the top floor with some new exhibits mixed in with some of the "classic" exhibits (like the FREAKING RAINBOW TUNNEL!!!!!) would really help. I don't recall ever going upstairs, but after seeing videos of the place on Youtube I've been dying to venture past those velvet ropes.

Didn't want to start a new thread, but I did this doodle today on my iPad. Though i'd share here. I miss the old ride! Lol

image_zps4084d6c2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Reactions: jtsalien