1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Changing Room Reservation to Different Hotel

Discussion in 'Universal Orlando Hotels' started by truejonas, Feb 4, 2019.

1. truejonas

truejonas Member

My boyfriend and I are looking into booking our yearly HHN hotel. We are currently planning on going to Aventura (just a plain room). However, one of my friends has expressed interest in joining us; if she did, we would rather jump over to Surfside and get one of their two bedrooms (assuming, of course, that there are any available). We most likely will not know if she's firm on coming until May. Worst case scenario, we all get to be real good friends for a couple days..

TL;DR: If we book Aventura, would it be possible to change to Surfside at a later date?

2. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

It would but Uni's system is a little weird as it requires you to cancel the res and rebook it if it's a different resort vs being able to edit the reservation. But yes, you can as long as it's outside the cancellation penalty period (usually 5 days out on room only reservations).

truejonas likes this.
  3. JunoSynth

JunoSynth Rookie

Yeah. Just give them a call and they can get you sorted out. I did the same thing last year. I booked with Cabana Bay and then switched to Aventura a few months later.

truejonas likes this.
  4. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Book both and pay the one night deposit. Cancel when you know where you want to go before 5 days out.

Coasted, truejonas and Mad Dog like this.
  5. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Veteran Member

the answer to this question is obviously room availability. If there is a room available and you are within your cancellation period, there is nothing stopping you from re-booking. If you are within the cancellation period, then you should contact Customer service to see if they will void the cancellation fee given the circumstances.

truejonas likes this.
  6. truejonas

truejonas Member

Thank you all! I was thinking it would be possible, but it's nice to get confirmation.

@rhino4evr, I agree that availability is my biggest concern. @JoeCamel brings up a solution to that though, although I don't necessarily like the idea of booking two rooms, just out of fear I would forget to cancel.

7. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Premium Member

Having done it a few times I assure you you do not forget to clean it up. It weighs on you like the telltale heart.

Disneyhead, truejonas and Mad Dog like this.