Cheetah Hunt | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Busch Gardens:

Construction crews worked into the evening on Monday to install the final piece of track that completes Cheetah Hunt’s epic 4,429-foot run – a record length among Busch Gardens Tampa’s coasters.

finaltrack2-300x209.jpg

The final section, which completes the “jump” over the Skyride’s cables, was bolted into place just before 9:30 p.m.

finaltrack3-300x197.jpg

Even with the completion of the track, however, the work is far from over in preparing the new mega-attraction for its May 27th grand opening.

finaltrack5-352x234.jpg

Crews will spend the next two months finishing the intricate sculpting – or “theming” – of the coasters’ surrounding architecture. Construction also continues on innovative Cheetah Run habitat, which will house more than a dozen of the highly endangered cats and offer guests unique opportunities to get up-close and witness a cheetah’s speed first-hand during daily sprints.

finaltrack1-300x427.jpg

New Baby Cheetah Arrives at Busch Gardens! It is the cutest thing!

[video=youtube;sB7XprzEMBQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB7XprzEMBQ[/video]

I was at the park today. They had some stakes by the construction walls surrounding the south side of the third trench stating "Fence" (which probably means a restricted fence).

And also, the tree in front of the cheetah holding area (once part of the Clydesdale lawn) now has a planter box around it, and some red/orange stakes have appeared mainly between the tree and the holding area (I assume this is path work).

Last edited:
Fantastic update Octobers Fade. Man, this is an exciting time for Busch Gardens and coaster enthusiasts. I'm really eager to ride this in the Summer. Phenomenal piece of ingenuity.

^ Thanks got a few of the coaster, but as it is assembled nothing really new.
DSC01296.jpg

DSC01293.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01323.jpg

DSC01321.jpg

They had the gates open for quite awhile

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01246.jpg

DSC01242.jpg

DSC01243.jpg

More from the bypass, this will be a fun place to photograph when the trains are running.

DSC01244.jpg

DSC01241.jpg

DSC01324.jpg

--- Update ---

DSC01240.jpg