Cheetah Hunt | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
any idea when the official opening will be for this ride? Trying to plan a trip to Tampa to check this out, and the new Dali museum. Havent been to BG since 1998!! Even before Gwazi!

any idea when the official opening will be for this ride? Trying to plan a trip to Tampa to check this out, and the new Dali museum. Havent been to BG since 1998!! Even before Gwazi!

Most likely it will open, officially, late May.
You won't be disappointed with all the improvements in the park since your last visit.

May is "summer" to me in Florida!! Maybe I'll wait until November to avoid mass crowds.
Maybe October instead of November so you could go to Howl-O-Scream, if you are into that....

Its still gonna be awesome, also glad to see it will be carrying enough speed to get the train through such an elevated element.

*Approved by BriMan*

New update!

http://www.rollercoasterpro.com/updates/bgt1.14.11/

The "heartline" is in, but to me it looks more like a corkscrew. Work progresses on the final trench and around the station area. Gwazi has some test dummies in the seats of the new Millennium Flyers as well.

DSCN2771.jpg

^^Another great update! Whatever it is, Heartline or Corkscrew, it will be a great section of the ride. I'll be down there near the beginning of the summer (As well as next month) so I'm hoping for an opening before I go!

The airtime hill after the third launch is much larger than it looks like in the pov. And much steeper as well. It's really looking awesome.

Can you say, "EJECTOR!?" Looks like this hill is roughly about the same height as the mid course and hopefully when it takes it at 40mph we'll be saying, "Hello airtime!"

The inversion has been installed, catwalks being installed, trenches being worked on, and they are continuing on the main plaza.

The inversion has been installed, catwalks being installed, trenches being worked on, and they are continuing on the main plaza.

I appreciate the response, although I was specifically referring to the last 2-3 days since we heard what was going on. There has been significant progress every day so I just got used to hearing the latest and greatest work done on the day.

I appreciate the response, although I was specifically referring to the last 2-3 days since we heard what was going on. There has been significant progress every day so I just got used to hearing the latest and greatest work done on the day.
One of the trenches got flooded and they have to get all the water out. Also some work around the maintenance area.

Can I just say that this whole thing is looking absolutely amazing?
I've been following this project, and I get tinglies every time there's something new added.
I honestly can't wait.