Cheetah Hunt | Page 118 | Inside Universal Forums

Cheetah Hunt

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here is some great Advice, Put everything in a Locker..cost .50. I carry my keys on a clip ring on my belt loop works perfect. I am not making any calls in line or on the coaster so no need for my phone . And trust me my job I am on call at all hours even when I am not on call so there is no reason take take a cell phone on a ride. I am truly sorry to hear about that loss of your keys I can imagine how bad that would ruin a trip much less a week or month..:(

What ticks me off, at myself mind you is that I rented a locker and put "all" of my belongings in there. I completely forgot about my keys until I was getting in the coaster and I felt something in my pocket.

cargo shorts work fine with me i put my phone in the side pocket

I did this as well and the snap must of given because I remember closing it after the restraints came down.

This was posted on BGT's Facebook page about an hour ago:

Rode Cheetah Hunt today...60 minute wait but only waited 30 minutes because I got to do single rider.

Does this mean they're trying out a single rider line? Has anyone else heard about this or witnessed it. :pray:

Last time I rode, I waited for the front row and was a single rider, they called out for people who were single riders to fill the empty seats but no one stepped up... so I rode the front by myself. But there was no single rider line.

Last time I rode, I waited for the front row and was a single rider, they called out for people who were single riders to fill the empty seats but no one stepped up... so I rode the front by myself. But there was no single rider line.

Same thing with me yesterday.

Major bummer about the keys. Rockit is the worst about stealing things out of pockets, but I make sure to have cargo pockets that seal really well on the Busch Coasters or leave my stuff in a locker. I like to have my phone with me when I can so I can tweet if something exciting happens like getting stuck (got a little video on Harry Potter that way), but we once got stuck on the second Sheikra lift in a sudden rainstorm and a LOT of phones got ruined that day, judging by the complaints in the station. We were up there maybe 10 minutes and it was one of those vicious FL downpours. The only thing I've ever lost myself was prescription glasses. I love to ride in the back row of Cedar Point's Magnum and look backwards as I drop down that first hill. Glasses whipped right off one day, and all I ever found was one shattered lense which I could see under the hill through the fence.

HTF when are you heading out for the next ride I am interested to hear your thoughts, even after all the set backs.

I think I am going to try the preview this Saturday morning. I know its going to be chaos but my goal is to at least beat the major crowds in, and CH is doing much better with downtime. So maybe just maybe I can get one front row and one back row before park opening on Saturday morning.

June72011001.jpg

June72011007.jpg

June72011038.jpg

The Busch locker system is pretty simple .50 cent isn't that bad for as long as you need it and the key fits around your Wrist The Universal is free for a certain amount of time and the fee does go up, depending on time and line and for some reason some guest take forever to figure out how to reopen them.

Over the next few weeks I want to share some progression shots of Cheetah Hunt construction. I still have some files to sort through and its something like 3500 photos of Cheetah Hunt construction to sort through. So little by little I will share the views I and others witness of just how much really changed. This one will sort of focus on the first launch area.

1e4efn.jpg

6h5pbb.jpg

282pzj8.jpg

r0tan9.jpg

20j2sr8.jpg

January202011237-1.jpg

January302011088.jpg

HardHatTourFeb182011048.jpg

March102011116.jpg

March102011119.jpg

March272011156.jpg

April142011304.jpg