Christmas Town Comes to Busch Gardens | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Christmas Town Comes to Busch Gardens

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There is never enough penguins! They're so awesome!! They have a whole dark ride centered around them! And they all have nice little suits.

Well cause what happens when the penguins are returned to Sea World when the new Antarctica opens up? They order some more on Ebay? I know this won't happen this year, but in years to come.

one would assume that they penguins out would be the warm weather penguins, and not the cold weather ones that are part of Antarctica attraction....

Based on the website it looks like we will only get Cheetah Hunt, Sheikra, and Gwazi during the event. The event looks great, but I would have loved some night rides on Montu and Kumba.

Based on the website it looks like we will only get Cheetah Hunt, Sheikra, and Gwazi during the event. The event looks great, but I would have loved some night rides on Montu and Kumba.

I hear ya, but considering its aimed at families it makes sense.

I hear ya, but considering its aimed at families it makes sense.

Well Kumba is quite loud so it's understandable why they didn't open it and Montu is...well that one should have been open...I heard that the Christmas town feel will wrap around the main loop of the park, minus Cheetah Hunt..so you can pretty much see everything just by walking in the main circle...also don't forget about Gwazi Park, there is a pretty cool walk through done by Mr. Scott (HOS Creative Director) and his team..I'm honestly excited for this!

From everything i've heard, this is actually going to be a great event. It's a shame it likely won't be all that successful.

Visited the park today and you could see lights covering nearly all the trees, not lit up obviously, but myself personally can not wait to visit this event. Even the tunnels on the trains are going to be lit up. Most of the decorations are going to be in Gwazi Plaza/Safari of Fun areas. Timbuktu is going to serve as an area for people to just get funneled through to get over to the Stanleyville area. Which makes me curious, with all of Congo being basically shut down, are they going to make this area off limits, and narrow the train down to 2 stations?

Got my tickets for Friday. I'm pretty much expecting a night at Busch Gardens with extra lights, extra Christmas atmosphere, special food options, and penguins! Minus a few rides of course.

With Magic Kingdom having the big most popular Holiday Hard Ticket and all of the other parks offering included admission VERY solid offerings I don't see people going to easily spend 40 dollars for Busch's event.

Kudos for them for booking the Osmond show and Jars of Clay every night though.

But Disney doesn't really do anything special for Christmas..just different fireworks and parades...the same thing they have during the day.

But Disney doesn't really do anything special for Christmas..just different fireworks and parades...the same thing they have during the day.

There are also various christmas themed shows around as well as character greets(yet at one time they did not charge for such events and had things like Country Bear Christmas.

But the general public/fans really don't care. They are still selling out those parties. They also entice people with all you can drink Hot Coa Coa and all you can eat cookies. For some reason that always gets people. Even without this you have Osbourne Spectacle of Lights that is included with admission as well as Grinchmas, Macy's and Sea World's Christmas Spectacular at their respected parks.

Busch Gardens Tampa is not as often found on one's must do list.

wow.... I would have guessed gingerbread cheesecake instead... unless both are. I know last year the last pumpkin cheesecake to come out of the bakery was around thanksgiving (I had a whole pie last year at my dinner table due to my connections) :look:

End of November usually sees the end of the PC in the bakery.
I was thinking cobbler would be offered at the dinner, but I can not pass up the seasons last Pumpkin cheesecake. I think I am going to be stuffed.

There are also various christmas themed shows around as well as character greets(yet at one time they did not charge for such events and had things like Country Bear Christmas.

But the general public/fans really don't care. They are still selling out those parties. They also entice people with all you can drink Hot Coa Coa and all you can eat cookies. For some reason that always gets people. Even without this you have Osbourne Spectacle of Lights that is included with admission as well as Grinchmas, Macy's and Sea World's Christmas Spectacular at their respected parks.

Busch Gardens Tampa is not as often found on one's must do list.

And BG has a Christmas show included with regular admission, as well as a separate show just for CT. And you get to meet Santa himself. And I understand BG is not on the top of the list, but Disney only sells out because of it's popularity. It's comparable to kids getting elected to a homecoming court, it only happens cause they're popular.

And BG has a Christmas show included with regular admission, as well as a separate show just for CT. And you get to meet Santa himself. And I understand BG is not on the top of the list, but Disney only sells out because of it's popularity. It's comparable to kids getting elected to a homecoming court, it only happens cause they're popular.

No argument there. Disney used to do quite a bit for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom included. Even a Country Bear Jamboree christmas version back in the day. That being said I was not speaking from opinion so much as how well many see BGT's likely going over.