Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk

Saw this in 70mm IMAX over the weekend at the Universal Citywalk theater, which I would recommend if you are in that area(Im talking about Hollywood btw), and like typical Nolan, it was amazing. Was on edge throughout the entire movie, and Nolan really nailed the survival aspects the characters were going through. Phenomenal direction, huge scale, great cinematography and great performances all around, and an awesome score. My only flaw that keeps it from being one of my favorite Nolan films is I didn't have an emotional connection with anything in it. I know that's what he was going for, but it still prevents it from being one of my favorites from him. One of the years best films and I hope this finally gets Nolan his first oscar nom, he deserves it.

I'd rank his films like this
1. Dark Knight 10/10
2. Inception 10/10
3. Memento/Batman Begins 10/10
4. Interstellar 9.75/10
5. Dunkirk 9/10
6. Insomnia/The Prestige 8.75/10

7. He Who Shall Not Be Named 6/10

Last edited:
I saw it at Pointe Orlando's IMAX yesterday. I'm still pissed they got rid of the film projector and haven't upgraded to Laser yet; I wanted it in time for Dunkirk. It's still probably the best option in Orlando to see it because even without the full 1.43 ratio 1.9 is a HUGE difference. The aerial shots looks gorgeous on that screen
I'd rather (and did) see it in 70mm at Disney Springs. Even though the IMAX is matted to 2:20 (the Panavision/70 is not) the resolution wis much higher.

liked the movie but cant wait till it released on home video_Only complaint is the way it jumped around in time but someone on the internet will prob re edit it in a straight timeline.

liked the movie but cant wait till it released on home video_Only complaint is the way it jumped around in time but someone on the internet will prob re edit it in a straight timeline.
Christopher Nolan is incapable of making a movie with linear time lol