CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some highlights from New Years Eve

The event was awesome. They had custom NYE graphics on all screens found in the CityWalk bars. The DJ on the promenade was awesome, he was actually djing, not just playing some corny playlist. It was for sure a techno genre, but inside of Rising Star and Coconut yo could find hip-hop. Pat O's had the piano and Bob Marley's had a fantastic band and Jamaican DJ. The only thing they could've benefited from was actually advertising the event, and posting the proper hours for the event. The website and app said everything closed at 1am, but in reality it was 2. The streets were PACKED, but the venues themselves were not much busier than a standard Saturday night.

Overall, hats off to the team who put tons of effort into this event!

Hopefully, they fix the traffic/parking situation for next year, great event but they truly (understandably) weren't ready for USF to be hammered by NYE crowds.

Hopefully, they fix the traffic/parking situation for next year, great event but they truly (understandably) weren't ready for USF to be hammered by NYE crowds.
Isn't it usually a cluster whenever they have a big event? Seems like a concert or special will cause it to turn into thunderdome with the limited exits. I doubt it can be "fixed" in it's present form

Isn't it usually a cluster whenever they have a big event? Seems like a concert or special will cause it to turn into thunderdome with the limited exits. I doubt it can be "fixed" in it's present form
It’ll be better once they have the lots over at EU. If they’re smart they’ll have event parking with a shuttle set to split the two

Reactions: JoeCamel
Some CityWalk Mardi Gras info

“Pat O’Brien’s will host a Mardi Gras After Party on select nights from 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. that includes live entertainment and exclusive food and drink offerings; as well as a special Fat Tuesday celebration on February 21 from 4 p.m. to 12 a.m.”

Glad to see Pat O’s, the gold standard of New Orleans bars, getting some recognition.

They also said Red Coconut Club will be open as the Cursed Coconut Club

The old sign was extremely outdated but I did like it better than this one. To me this screams temporary until they find something better to replace it.

A new “Welcome to Universal Orlando Resort” sign has been installed at the entrance to Universal Orlando’s CityWalk.

It’s just a sign in city walk, so I can sort of write it off… but I do agree when I first saw the photo I thought “oh god, that doesn’t look great”.

I do like the new blue panels though…
Why the hell is UNIVERSAL so big on the sign is what I need to know. Something about the font seems off too.

It's just a sign so not that big of a deal, but if it were me, I would've just left it as I thought the old sign was pretty classy whereas this one is just in your face.