CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Orlando Updates & Changes General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That honestly blows my mind a little. Like I said earlier, only being a tourist, I can only view theme parks on this scale as being something you do once every year or two so the idea of doing something that you can do back home is a strange concept but I can understand how locals can find it attractive.
In the Netherlands movies have subtitles and I hate them. I never watch a movie in a theater here but on vacation I love to see some movies (but I always stay 10 weeks so it doesn't take a huge part out of my vacation time). I also think it's a great fit when for instance Jurassic World came out. It was fun to watch the movie and later on visit that area in IOA. Also love the Rocky Horror Picture Show nights at CityWalk.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Alicia
In the Netherlands movies have subtitles and I hate them. I never watch a movie in a theater here but on vacation I love to see some movies (but I always stay 10 weeks so it doesn't take a huge part out of my vacation time). I also think it's a great fit when for instance Jurassic World came out. It was fun to watch the movie and later on visit that area in IOA. Also love the Rocky Horror Picture Show nights at CityWalk.
Rocky Horror Picture Show, one of my all time favorites.:thumbsup: At one point, here in the University of Pittsburgh area of Pgh., it played for for one night every week for over two decades. It didn't end until they tore the King's Court Theater down.

Rocky Horror Picture Show, one of my all time favorites.:thumbsup: At one point, here in the University of Pittsburgh area of Pgh., it played for for one night every week for over two decades. It didn't end until they tore the King's Court Theater down.
Ah two years of my youth, every Friday and Saturday, playing Dr Scott. (OR should I say Dr VON Scott). :D

That honestly blows my mind a little. Like I said earlier, only being a tourist, I can only view theme parks on this scale as being something you do once every year or two so the idea of doing something that you can do back home is a strange concept but I can understand how locals can find it attractive.

A lot of nights not a lot of theme parks are open past, say, 7 or 8 (especially if you don't have hopper or equivalent). Dinner and a movie is something to do, whole family together for once, other main option is sitting around your hotel room. Similar to mini golf, I imagine--I think most towns have at least one putt putt course, but people just seemed more inclined to slow down and indulge in it while on vacation.

Also Disney Springs offers low prices to 60k CMs plus however many thousand APs, Universal does same for the many Uni APs around town, and offer plenty to do before/after. They do pull a fair amount of locals in the 24th largest metro area in the country.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Also Disney Springs offers low prices to 60k CMs plus however many thousand APs, Universal does same for the many Uni APs around town, and offer plenty to do before/after. They do pull a fair amount of locals in the 24th largest metro area in the country.
Additionally I believe both of the AMC theaters offer the same discount to both Disney and Universal employees.

A lot of nights not a lot of theme parks are open past, say, 7 or 8 (especially if you don't have hopper or equivalent). Dinner and a movie is something to do, whole family together for once, other main option is sitting around your hotel room. Similar to mini golf, I imagine--I think most towns have at least one putt putt course, but people just seemed more inclined to slow down and indulge in it while on vacation.

It's funny you mention that as this slipped my mind but on my last trip to Orlando, my wife and I had actually planned to do a movie and dinner one night as if I remember right, it was crazy cheap. Something like $21. I think the only reason it seemed like a good idea was how cheap it was, the movie was basically free as the meal deal worked out just as cheap to eat there.

I think the reason we never did it was that we planned to see Suicide Squad but the reviews were awful and we simply ran out of time.

Reactions: SeventyOne
It's funny you mention that as this slipped my mind but on my last trip to Orlando, my wife and I had actually planned to do a movie and dinner one night as if I remember right, it was crazy cheap. Something like $21. I think the only reason it seemed like a good idea was how cheap it was, the movie was basically free as the meal deal worked out just as cheap to eat there.

I think the reason we never did it was that we planned to see Suicide Squad but the reviews were awful and we simply ran out of time.
You saved yourself some heartache there.

I saw people looking up show times for a movie at Citywalk while in line for Gringotts yesterday..Granted it is the first time I saw this happen, but I thought it was interesting

And also - doughnut place please....I also noticed those Ice Cream roll things are getting big..

I saw people looking up show times for a movie at Citywalk while in line for Gringotts yesterday..Granted it is the first time I saw this happen, but I thought it was interesting

And also - doughnut place please....I also noticed those Ice Cream roll things are getting big..

I've never heard of it until just now but colour me intrigued:

6 Places To Try Rolled Ice Cream - CraveOnline

Reactions: shiekra38
Rolled ice cream is a scam to sell you less food for more money without you noticing. Think dip n dots
I've never seen this before, but it's clearly ice cream with at least twice as much air. I could see this be interesting if it had toppings poured over that were allowed to fill that space and evenly mix, but yeah I agree this is just a scam to serve less ice cream.