Coco Attraction - Disney California Adventure | Inside Universal Forums

Coco Attraction - Disney California Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
GUqz1p0WkAA_Zaf

Last edited:
WEEEE WOOONNN!!!@!q!@11ASESKFASI0FASOIFJSXFDIGOSE

download.jpg

ESTOY CANTANDO Y BAILANDO AND LA CALLE!!!!!!!!!! NUNCA ME HAS VISTO TAN FELIZ!!!!!! Y NO ES UN SIMULADOR, ES UN PASEO EN BARCO. QUE CHEVERE! とてもすごい!!!!!!. MI VIDA ES COMPLETA!

I’ve always thought this is where a pier side boat ride / tunnel of love vibes, should go. The question is how do they fit a substantial enough of a building to ensure it’s a big attraction?
I feel like this is going to be a High C/Lower D ticket kinda like Nav’i River Journey, but a little better. I think something like that can go there.

I feel like this is going to be a High C/Lower D ticket kinda like Nav’i River Journey, but a little better. I think something like that can go there.
I think this is spot on. A C-Ticket with a great vibe and music seems very likely to me.
This would be good to flesh-out the park lineup.

Ideally, though, they'd be going with larger boats for higher capacity. Use the Pirates/Small World/Gran Fiesta boat size, and suddenly you've got a major people-eater, but the concept art implies something closer to River Journey in capacity.

but the concept art implies something closer to River Journey in capacity.
It's effectively the same ride vehicle. Two rows of four, as seen in the concept art.

EDIT: Just some more details, from videos Nav'i River Journey, dispatches two boats at a time and has a capacity of 1,200 per hour, which isn't strictly the best. However, they can easily bump up that capacity with a dual load station, which is possible within the theorized space. It'll also possess two distinct advantages over River Journey:

1. Arriving at a park that will actually be capable of distributing demand.

2. Not being subject to unexpected closures brought on by a second, more tempestuous ride it shares a building with.

In short, I think they understand Coco's popularity and will build up capacity accordingly even if this ride has been designed to be more intimate than other attractions. In even shorter terms, DK (hopefully) this is not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake S and belloq87
This would be good to flesh-out the park lineup.

Ideally, though, they'd be going with larger boats for higher capacity. Use the Pirates/Small World/Gran Fiesta boat size, and suddenly you've got a major people-eater, but the concept art implies something closer to River Journey in capacity.
Yeah, I think recreating the Gran Fiesta attraction but with a Coco twist would be excellent. Heck, while I’m spending their money, just bring the whole pavilion along with it — especially Cava del Tequilla.

Yeah, I’m getting Nav’i River Journey vibes here. The boats in the concept art for the Coco attraction are very similar size of the boats on Nav’i River Journey - with 2 rows. These smaller boats are great for boat rides working with smaller locations, as they can pull off much tighter turns compared to larger boat attractions.

Yeah, I’m getting Nav’i River Journey vibes here. The boats in the concept art for the Coco attraction are very similar size of the boats on Nav’i River Journey - with 2 rows. These smaller boats are great for boat rides working with smaller locations, as they can pull off much tighter turns compared to larger boat attractions.
I’m betting on that too.

The thing that interests me is how they said they took inspiration from Pirates, for the attraction. Now, I haven’t been on Nav’i, but it kind of seems to lack kinetics and suffers from some dead areas in what I’ve seen of it. If they pack this ride with set pieces and AA figures, this could be a really nice treat for the park

Reactions: Jake S and MikePat
I think another option on where to stick this COCO dark ride would be to demo Goofy's Sky School, Paradise Gardens grill, and the Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta and put it there.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
To me, the concept art looked almost exactly like Gran Fiesta Tour. Almost like the ride was designed for Gran Fiesta Tour years ago and they pulled this out of the dustbin for DCA...