Coronado Springs - Gran Destino Tower | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

Coronado Springs - Gran Destino Tower

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
I really love how this turned out, but it’s so odd having such a high end hotel next to a bunch of rooms that look like and are on the level of a Southwest-themed apartment complex. I won't be surprised at all though if down the line, more of the original Coronado buildings are demolished for another tower and DVC taking up residence at the Resort. Or DVC just retrofitting rooms at the existing tower down the line.

One way or another I have a feeling DVC will end up here.

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
Was surprised to learn that the name of this new tower and many of the elements within it are from this animated short by Salvador Dali and Walt Disney. Work began on the short in 1945, but it is unique in that it wasn't completed until 2003, however.