Could USF pass IOA in Attendance in 2013? | Inside Universal Forums

Could USF pass IOA in Attendance in 2013?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
You should make this a poll: "When will USF pass IOA in attendance?"

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016+, Never :-X

Funny thing is, Universal Studios consistently defeated Islands in the attendance wars pre-Potter. Very curious to see how Diagon Alley shakes things up.

Here's the likely situation

USF: 7.1 million (Transformers + Springfield)
IOA: 7.9 million (spill-over from TF and Springfield)

USF: 8.5 million (Potter 2.0 + TF & Springfield)
IOA: 8.3 million (spillover + HE)

USF: 9.6 million (Potter 2.0 + Kong)
IOA: 9.2 million (JP expansion + HE)

USF: 10.4 million (KidZone revamp + Kong + Potter)
IOA: 10.1 million (Seuss expansion + JP + HE)

USF: 10.8 million (Twister and Shrek replacements? + KidZone revamp)
IOA: 10.9 million (Toon Lagoon revamp? + Seuss expansion)

USF: 11.7 million (Mystery project on MIB/Springfield plot)
IOA: 11.7 million (Toon Lagoon & LC revamps)

USF: 12.0 million (Mystery project)
IOA: 12.2 million (HP Phase 3? + revamps)

I think both will even out at 12 million each by 2020 and that's roughly the limit of how many guests I can see them holding until they open up that 3rd gate and build another hotel or two. Really, USF will dominate from 2014-2016 while IOA will probably excel from 2016-2019 since HTF seemed to hint the second half of this decade is going to be mainly IOA aside from that mystery project

Universal Studios can hold significantly more people. I heard that the night they used Marvel for overflow for HHN in 2006 that they had upwards of 50k sold. I remember being at Universal for Mardi Gras the night of the Daughtry concert or something along those lines and their being an announcement of the park breaking 45k guest. The wider streets and shows really can make a difference in overall capacity. If Studios surpasses it can handle the crowds much better than Islands.