Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Creature from the Black Lagoon

If I recall correctly, it's just located to the left of the stage - behind the screen. It's not that hard to miss if you sneak up.

What was the "retooled" version? What was the other ending?

And that wasn't an animatronic at all if my memory is ok, it was a giant puppet.

I'm a huge musical theatre fanatic and have done musical theatre. But boy was that show corny and painful to watch at certain point. It was such a fail. First it was labeled as a musical. Then a rock show. Then something else. A couple songs were actually pretty nice/catchy but the dialogue was absolutely horrible and the jokes were painful. Also, they always advertised families seeing the show in commercials but it had so many inappropriate and bad jokes...

I applauded Universal for doing something original and taking a huge risk. Lots of respect for that. Pity that it wasn't put together as well.

In the original ending the character "Mark" dipped a spear in a jar of "male enhancement" cream and shot the Creature. That made him grow huge. That got changed in the first couple of weeks. There used to be a really good version of that first version up on YouTube. I think I may have downloaded it.

In the first version of SES the set dressing included the Universal Monsters and the Creature puppet was prominent. When they changed the set to "Sound Stage" and added the front projection side screens they hid the puppet behind the screen.

I thought the whole show is fine up until the end of 'Slay Me'. From there, it drops off pretty rapidly and I can't stand to listen to the dialogue.

Male enhancement cream? What were they thinking? Didn't help that Universal supposedly micromanaged the entire production.

The entire show sounded damn good though, as expected. Haha. You can't fault the sound guys this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if they do a musical that is actually good and no problem since is one of their properties/already licensed... a bit of Les Misérables would be great to have as a show... well to me, since I loved the musical

I personally don't think Les Miserables would be good for a theme park. Too mature of a stage show for the general audience.

The perfect show for USH would be a theme park version of Wicked. They own the rights to the show, it's a huge hit all over the world, the Wicked Wednesdays they did at USH in 2007 were a huge hit and they added many shows! AND it would basically be advertisement for the movie version, which should be entering production soon. It could potentially be our version of DCA's Aladdin. They really need to bring it to USH...it would put the park over the top IMO.

Well Bob Dylan, are you saying that cuz the theatre is marked for something new on the Expansion Plan? Can't it being marked pink for something new simply mean that a new show is planned for the building? Or are we guessing that "new" will mean a ride being put in there? I'll be happy with anything new put in there honestly.

Still wish Wicked would go in there. Not as weird of a version as the old USJ production, but still.

Does it actually say it'll be demolished for something new and not just reused? Either way, it'll be interesting to know what goes in there.

Personally, I'm still rooting for a production of Wicked :p

Oh it shows it expanding its footprint? I guess I didn't notice it was larger in the rendering. I meam? T2 is marked as well but it's building is being reused to an extent, so I thought the same might happen for SES.

Is there enough space for the building to be expanded? It's on an awkward corner of the hill, so it's very tight. I could seem them expanding the building's footprint into the side and front queue areas, but that doesn't seem like much space.

Still, a decent sized family dark ride could probably fit in there as long as the queue isn't long.

My hopes for SES are:

1. Ideally a family dark ride THAT ISN'T A SIMULATOR.

2. Theme park version of Wicked The Musical or another elaborate stage show.

3. An improved version of Special Effects Stage with more audience interactivity and not such a high reliance on the screens.

4. Our own USH version of USS's Lights Camera Action show.