D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What D23 Parks Announcement are you most excited about?

• Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Details + Model

• Ratataouille Addition to France Pavilion

• Guardians of the Galaxy ride (replacing Universe of Energy)

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (replacing The Great Movie Ride)

• Tron Shanghai Clone addition to Tomorrowland

• Disney Skyliner

• Pixar Pier/Pixar Fest + Paint The Night return

• Marvel Land at DCA

• Star Wars Hotel

• New Theatre on Main Street

Results are only viewable after voting.
That seriously should make Universal really reconsider the whole "Holding announcements to the chest" plan they've been doing.

Disney just established the line.

This really is taking it to the next level.

Should we be expecting a response From Universal sooner than later?

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Well….I'm not excited about whole Pixar Pier, but I was orally against the GotG/ToT switchover and it turned out great. It might surprise me but….nobody asked for this. Why fix what isn't broken? WHY?????

Reactions: WAJAS
Well….I'm not excited about whole Pixar Pier, but I was orally against the GotG/ToT switchover and it turned out great. It might surprise me but….nobody asked for this. Why fix what isn't broken? WHY?????
California Adventure has no place to expand beyond what is going to be used for marvel land. They are going to have to change stuff to offer "new" things in the future.

I don't even understand this Pixar push. Disney has owned Pixar for years now. It's not new. Why the sudden change? And Pixar Pier... oof. I hope they keep the aesthetics mostly the same, just changing the themes to Pixar. Otherwise it seems unnecessary, and I'll miss the classic Disney theme.

I don't even understand this Pixar push. Disney has owned Pixar for years now. It's not new. Why the sudden change? And Pixar Pier... oof. I hope they keep the aesthetics mostly the same, just changing the themes to Pixar. Otherwise it seems unnecessary, and I'll miss the classic Disney theme.
Looking at the concept art, it doesn't seem as brash as it might suggest. They haven't said anything about it, but I'm really hoping we'll get some new flats out of this.

EDIT: I just realized something: How are they going to get Little Mermaid to fit? She's not Pixar.

Looking at the concept art, it doesn't seem as brash as it might suggest. They haven't said anything about it, but I'm really hoping we'll get some new flats out of this.
If Bug's Land closes, we'll definitely see some of its rides move to Pixar Pier. Possibly in the Maliboomer spot.

So, I'm going to attempt to be positive with my overall thoughts concerning the WDW announcements: I think TRON and Ratatouille will be very good additions to their parks.

Here end my positive thoughts.

That seriously should make Universal really reconsider the whole "Holding announcements to the chest" plan they've been doing.

Disney just established the line.

Much like Universal changed the game with build first announce second...but times have changed and what's old is new again

So Brazil is for sure 2019 now

I was being just slightly tongue-in-cheek, but I have some deep, profound concerns about both the Mickey ride and the Guardians ride, and am irritated by the way they're trying to pass off what they're doing in Epcot as somehow "staying true to the original vision."
I get that last part. It's pure bs, but marketing will be marketing.