Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

D23 Expo 2019 - News & Speculation

Looks like the secret project announcement has been pushed back, or there are issues with it? (premature maybe?)

edit: no it's this

(Either that or this is a last minute replacement. Otherwise this is up there with new benches at Fantasmic.)

Bull. Don't call it a "Secret Project" and this hype wouldn't exist.

"Secret Project" means exactly that, a secret project. Who were the ones speculating and creating these insane wish lists, setting people's expectations wayyy to high? It wasn't Disney.

The only actual advertising Disney had was that little box on the panel schedule. I'm not thrilled either, but this was not on them.

Lots of park announcements tonight. Moana inspired attraction called "Journey of Water" coming to Epcot, Marvel land at DCA will be called "Avenger's Campus" and the Star Wars hotel "ship" and name were revealed. 'Star Wars Galactic Star-cruiser'.

The Epcot news:

tenor.gif

I can only assume the pavilions chosen to be on the model signify new or updated attractions

Confirmed
New future world plaza
New entrance plaza
Ratatouille
Guardians
Space restaurant
Play Pavilion
Reflections of China
Moana’s Journey Of Water
Awesome Planet film (not on model?)

Speculative
Imagination Pavilion
Mexico Pavilion (Coco?)
The Seas
???? (Something I cant decipher)

And two “announcing Sunday” posters for attractions I’m assuming are not featured on the model. Rumors indicate it’ll be a country (Brazil) and a ride (???).

Please lmk if you find any errors or have any thoughts on this!

UPDATE:

Last edited:
To personally bring up, maybe what @Marni1971 was trying to refer towards, was a more..interior gutting, while keeping the outside in-tact?
No, he explicitly stated complete demolition of building. He was not happy at the time.

As I said though, it was one of multiple choices and it looks like they went against the worst case scenario.

So as we head into tomorrow, here's a look at what I think will be some of the more buzz-worthy panels of the Expo. The full schedule for the Expo can be found here: D23 Expo 2019 Schedule - D23

Friday, August 23rd
- Disney Legends Awards Ceremony @ 10:30am-12pm PST
- The Music and Sounds of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge @ 12:30-1:30pm PST
- A Conversation with Scott Trowbridge @ 3-3:30pm PST
- Disney+ @ 3:30pm-5pm PST
- Disney+ Screening: High School Musical: The Musical: The Series @ 5:30-6:30pm PST
- Marvel Animation Venom Invasion Panel and World Premiere @ 6-7pm PST

Saturday, August 24th
- The Walt Disney Studios Panel @ 10am-12pm PST
- The Simpsons! @ 10-11am PST
- Secret Walt Disney Company Project @ 1:30-2:30pm PST

Sunday, August 25th
- Disney Parks, Experiences and Products @ 10:30am-12pm PST

"Secret Project" means exactly that, a secret project. Who were the ones speculating and creating these insane wish lists, setting people's expectations wayyy to high? It wasn't Disney.

The only actual advertising Disney had was that little box on the panel schedule. I'm not thrilled either, but this was not on them.

I don't buy that because technically, everything should be a secret until it's announced. This seemed like it would be something more and note worthy.

Not whatever that crap was.