D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So at WDW:
Test track 2025
Nothing? - 2026
Indy/Encanto - 2027
Monsters Inc: 2028?
Cars land: 2029?
Villains 2030?

Magic Kingdom
- Disney Starlight Nighttime Show (Summer 2025)
- Two Cars attractions (construction begins early 2025)
- PotC lounge (2025)
- Villains Land (date unknown)

Hollywood Studios
- Monsters Inc Land with door coaster (date unknown)
- New Smuggler’s Run mission with Mandalorian & Grogu (2026)

Animal Kingdom
- Pueblo Esperanza land with Encanto & Indiana Jones attractions (2027)
- Zootopia Show (winter 2025)

EPCOT
- Test Track 3.0 (2025)
- Spaceship Earth lounge (2025)

Last edited:
Seems like panel was streamed live here, which hopefully gives us some more insight since the Parks blog is distressingly scant on details.

EDIT: THEY HAD PATRICK WARBURTON INTRO THE PANEL! WHO IS THIS COMPANY AND WHAT HAVE YOU DON WITH THE REAL DISNEY?

With the BIG caveat that placement of Monstropolis and Cars could really change how I feel about everything, that was about as good a slate of announcements as anybody could realistically expect.

And purely personally, I'm glad that the plans for WDW are going to involve IPs that I care about (Indy, Monsters Inc., villains as a general concept, Cars*) and will be excited to see in the parks.

*I don't love the movies -- I'll defend the first one, but not the rest -- but Radiator Springs in California Adventure won me over so entirely that I really want WDW to have a piece of that, and it's a "best of both worlds" situation, because both resorts will retain unique versions of Cars areas.

I'm watching the show they put on and...this is incredible. There's a Broadway style musical number that is entirely Disney park fan in jokes.

"You should know that this song was brought to you by trash cans. Trash Cans: The Official, Unofficial Dining Table of the Disney Parks Fan"

Do....do they get it?

Alrighty, went in with low expectations and I was pleasantly surprised by several of the announcements!

- Coco ride at DCA. That got a legit scream out of me, and while I'm a little bummed they're not starting construction until 2026, at least they gave a year it's starting.

- Monsters Inc. Land with the Door Coaster. I'm very happy that coaster concept was resurrected, it felt like it was downright elusive at times. Now the big question mark is where it's all going, for if it replaces Muppet Vision and Star Tours, I'm not gonna' be happy with that placement. However, if it goes into Animation Courtyard, I'm perfectly fine with that!

- Cars in MK. I initially thought they'd be putting in DHS right after the Monsters Inc announcement, so I didn't expect it's not only going in MK, but with different rides than Cars Land at DCA. So this was a nice surprise!

- Indy/Encanto/Zootopia at AK. Out of all the announcements, this felt like the absolute given due to what was teased/announced earlier. I do love the sound of the Indy ride dealing with a Mythical Creature, gimme that cryptid chaos, please. And at least they confirmed the Zootopia show is actually happening and coming late next year.

- Villains Land. Even though it's clearly going to be a while before we see this, I'm glad it was officially announced and not some Blue Sky B.S.

All in all, some good announcements which gives me something to look forward to, and that's what I was honestly hoping for!

I’m sure everyone will complain about the timeline of these attractions…

But did we just finally win?
Omg, that was a great D23.
Aside from those annoying musical segments between park reveals, this D23 had by far the most substance in recent memory. Hopefully they update us on the opening dates(Avengers for example) and locations for some of the experiences (Monsters Inc for example) sooner than later.

One thing that I wish that could have been announced is a Hollywoodland replacement for DCA. Since Avatar seems more than likely destined for the Simba lot, I had the impression HL would be addressed before Avatar and thus would be at the panel tonight. Perhaps Hollywoodlands replacement will be something brought up at D23 2026.