D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2024 - News & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
True, unless there’s yet another amendment to the contract. The contract was renegotiated and it states that the contract may be amended again to push the date further.

At this point, DLP has a lot more leverage than they used to.
The fact that the date to have a third gate keeps getting pushed back and not indefinitely shelved makes me think Disney would like a third gate for DLP, they just have no concrete plans for it right now. Perhaps once WDSP/DAW is fully built out they will give the subject a lot more though.

There isn’t a contractual obligation for Disney to build to second gate in Shanghai. Unlike Paris, the Shanghai government is the majority owner of the resort and don’t want to be bound to funding a project they don’t want to pay for.
Probably predates your knowledge but it was supposed to open in 2026 before the whole pandemic thing.

The second HK gate was just straight up cancelled by Disney, no Covid necessary to decide that was a bad idea.

The fact that the date to have a third gate keeps getting pushed back and not indefinitely shelved makes me think Disney would like a third gate for DLP, they just have no concrete plans for it right now. Perhaps once WDSP/DAW is fully built out they will give the subject a lot more though.
I think they want to keep their options open. And they want to prevent a developer from developing the land so close to the resort.
Probably predates your knowledge but it was supposed to open in 2026 before the whole pandemic thing.

The second HK gate was just straight up cancelled by Disney, no Covid necessary to decide that was a bad idea.
COVID wasn’t necessary to push back the Paris third gate either. The extension was agreed upon by Disney and the French government prior to COVID. In-depth plans for a third gate had to be submitted by 2026, same with the new 2036 time limit. They didn’t have to open the park by 2026.