Dark Universe (Epic Universe) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Universe (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Some observations:

- It seems they're making a clear visual distinction between werewolves as a type of monster, and the Wolf Man as a specific character. The rendering of the werewolf figure on the coaster looks nothing like the rendering of the Wolf Man in Monsters Unchained. I think this is smart, to preserve the uniqueness of Larry Talbot's Wolf Man.
- It sure looks like there might be some actual ride film animation in the sections talking about Monsters Unchained. Or perhaps (hopefully) it's just a (pretty high-quality) animatic? Definitely looks like simulator scenes, though.
- I'm glad they've canonically recognized that the original Frankenstein of this world is Henry, not Victor.
- I like the idea of the different meet-and-greets. The Bride looks dead-on to her movie counterpart, and one would assume that's what she'll look like in the ride.
- I wish we got to see the new looks of more of the redesigned monster characters.
- The environments of the land look tremendous (save for the coaster track cutting through some areas), and this land alone will demand that the park remain open until nightfall year-round.

Overall, the conception of this land still isn't exactly what I wanted as a Classic Monsters devotee, but provided Monsters Unchained really delivers, I have no doubt it will be my favorite land in the park.

Wow. This land is a theme park game changer is my first gut reaction. The theming down to a tee, the immersion, unique meet n greets, food, and rides all seem far more perfectly synchronized together than I could’ve hoped for.

I’m glad they’re labling Monsters Unchained as a test, they’re not backing off that it will indeed be terrifying for some people.

My first reactions to Unchained are that the Dracula, Victoria, and Frankenstein moments shown at the beginning are definitely AAs. Werewolf then maybe a screen. Just a guess though, you can go back and forth smoothly.

Bottom line, this looks exceptional.

Part of me is expecting Monsters Unchained to be screen heavy - very similar to Forbidden Journey.

This land looks absolutely GORGEOUS though
Apparently according to insiders, Monsters Unchained will be an extremely practical ride relaying mostly on AAs and large practical sets with projection mapping on them to enhance the experience. The KUKA RVs are more open vs the ones on FJ so you can see more around you. This ride sounds like it's going to be a sensory overload for sure.