Dark Universe (Epic Universe) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Dark Universe (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Correct! It's a diverse offering amongst a diverse lineup of attractions. Yes, it's short... Have we not followed the aerials? lol

Trust me, you wouldn't. :lol:
I’m a show guy though! That’s my personal concern here. The queue and inside portion has to be goat worthy to me to think it’s worth it. We have plentyyyyy of kiddie coasters at UOR. A show would be welcome! Saying this being as excited for the Potter and HTTYD show.

Reactions: UNIrd
I’m a show guy though! That’s my personal concern here. The queue and inside portion has to be goat worthy to me to think it’s worth it. We have plentyyyyy of kiddie coasters at UOR. A show would be welcome! Saying this being as excited for the Potter and HTTYD show.

I want you to reread your reply and realize how zany it sounds... lol

I think you (and others) went into this thinking it was designed to be an E-ticket coaster comparable to Donkey Kong/Starfall Racers... it's just a D-ticket. Basically something for young kids to do while the older kids are in line for the main ride.

I think you (and others) went into this thinking it was designed to be an E-ticket coaster comparable to Donkey Kong/Starfall Racers... it's just a D-ticket. Basically something for young kids to do while the older kids are in line for the main ride.
Oh I did not expect that. I expected a solid show instead. This is fine, I’m not gonna absolutely hate it. It’s the sole thing, without having been there, I’m not super duper hyped for.

Reactions: belloq87
My reservations are generally more on a thematic and philosophical level than the "scale" of the attraction.

Oh I did not expect that. I expected a solid show instead. This is fine, I’m not gonna absolutely hate it. It’s the sole thing, without having been there, I’m not super duper hyped for.
As a mod, I am very appreciative of Universal implementing a strategy of wait and see. We have a whole thread dedicated to Universal and theater shows. I’d rather they add into the expansion space later, than try now only to abandon it later. :lmao:

Plus, 2 theater shows at GO is pretty fun.

"From the experiments of Dr. Victoria Frankenstein to a shadowy landscape where monsters roam, Dark Universe is a world of myth and mystery."

So the rumors were true, my most hyped land since it is a totally original story compared to others being movie / video game based.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Ummmm..... plenty of kiddie coasters? Do we go to the same parks?

I don't understand why Curse of the Werewolf exists to be honest. I'm sure it'll be fine, but why add another family coaster to a park that already has two and lacks in other ride types? I'm imagining something like a creepy version of an Antique Car ride here. It could still be family friendly, plus it would have no height requirement and it could use the same space.

I don't understand why Curse of the Werewolf exists to be honest. I'm sure it'll be fine, but why add another family coaster to a park that already has two and lacks in other ride types? I'm imagining something like a creepy version of an Antique Car ride here. It could still be family friendly, plus it would have no height requirement and it could use the same space.

Because people like coasters?

People also like other rides. This park already had four coasters. Starfall Racers (two), Donkey Kong, and Dragons. Why did it need a fifth? It's kind of a weird choice when the park lacks dark rides, indoor attractions, and less thrilling experiences in general.

Well, as @luckoftheirish pointed out - it was a last minute addition. But also - coasters will always be on a different level of love with the GP. The land already has an indoor/dark ride. Idk - seems like an odd complaint considering Universal’s track record. Islands has a lot of coasters, too.

And old-school dark ride like the Disney ones but themed in the Werewolf would have fit wonderfully and had been a hit. Maybe too scary for kids, but all the area is.

Every other Wizarding World only has Forbidden Journey and Flight of the Hippogriff. I’m expecting their Dark Universe equivalents to be superior attractions.

The mentality of everything needing to be an E-Ticket that shows up a lot with Werewolf and the HTTYD boat ride is really exhausting.

A multi launch spinning coaster with changing show scenes in a themed forest isnt "just a kiddie coaster", especially when its being lead by Greg Hall, its just not a kiddie coaster at all, pretty much everyone who rides is going to get something from this. I'm not saying this is an E ticket offering, but lets give it the credit it deserves, it's gonna be able to do around 1300/hr.

Universal are doing a great job with filling the gaps with gateway drug rollercoasters in this park, that adults can love too. Hagrids started that stepping stone effect with being thrilling but slightly less scary for younger kids than your bog standard thrill coaster. This one and the dragons coaster are easily gonna sit one step under that for the younger kids. And the park needed more roller coasters, because shockingly, people love roller coasters of all varieties. Shows are expensive and the theatre they had planned would have only served about 500 people (maybe even less). even if they ran 2 shows an hour (unlikely) thats still only 1000/hr