Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Once again--IT Part 1 and Shang-Chi would like to have a word on that.
Shang chi did $224 million in it's entire run. Gotg 3 might do that opening weekend.
IT did $327 million.

I think the floor for Gotg is $450. While I think D3 can beat "It", $450 in that timeframe is a stretch.

This does make sense (as far as timeline) to how Logan is still the canon ending for the character. It's as simple as that movie was set in 2029, so he would still be alive during this period of time.

Last edited:
This movie will be fine...but so many movies being pushed back....I hope Marvel can get it together.

This movie will be fine...but so many movies being pushed back....I hope Marvel can get it together.
I don’t think this has anything to do with Deadpool at all. More that Blade is extremely messy right now.

tbh, I’m surprised they didn’t leave Deadpool 3 where it was and put Blade in November. I wouldn’t be shocked if they have to swap the two movies at some point.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I don’t think this has anything to do with Deadpool at all. More that Blade is extremely messy right now.

tbh, I’m surprised they didn’t leave Deadpool 3 where it was and put Blade in November. I wouldn’t be shocked if they have to swap the two movies at some point.
I hope so as well, I hope Blade works out....but I feel like Marvel is over stepping in someways.

Like I'm sure BP will be good...but why does it have to intoduce soooooo much? Like why can't more things just be Werewolf At Night and just be good and what the directed pitched? Reminds me of Antman and while that film is good...it could have been amazing if they let the first director just do it but Disney couldn't let him make the better film

I hope so as well, I hope Blade works out....but I feel like Marvel is over stepping in someways.

Like I'm sure BP will be good...but why does it have to intoduce soooooo much? Like why can't more things just be Werewolf At Night and just be good and what the directed pitched? Reminds me of Antman and while that film is good...it could have been amazing if they let the first director just do it but Disney couldn't let him make the better film
Sort of the opposite. From what every director in phase four has said, Feige only gives notes on a few things he’d like to see represented and then you never see him again, which can cause a movie to run off the tracks like Blade.

I think what we are seeing is the MCU TV stuff really blowing up in their faces. There’s so much in production that Feige can’t be hands on with the movies intimately, meaning there’s less quality control happening.

Sort of the opposite. From what every director in phase four has said, Feige only gives notes on a few things he’d like to see represented and then you never see him again, which can cause a movie to run off the tracks like Blade.

I think what we are seeing is the MCU TV stuff really blowing up in their faces. There’s so much in production that Feige can’t be hands on with the movies intimately, meaning there’s less quality control happening.
Maybe but I find it just hard to believe this many "new" characters that are taking over roles aren't mandated from Disney/Kevin. Like every single movie that is a sequel has a new young character ready to take over...going to happen in Ant man 3 as well

Maybe but I find it just hard to believe this many "new" characters that are taking over roles aren't mandated from Disney/Kevin. Like every single movie that is a sequel has a new young character ready to take over...going to happen in Ant man 3 as well
These new characters taking over roles like Kate Bishop, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, etc are planned to be in these projects before there’s even a writer or director. Calls like that need to be made from up top when you have such a large and expansive universe.

If they just let the writers and directors come in with no guidance for a few things, than it wouldn’t be an interconnected universe. It would be a bunch of stand alone films, which is fine, but that’s not the business MCU is in.

These new characters taking over roles like Kate Bishop, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, etc are planned to be in these projects before there’s even a writer or director. Calls like that need to be made from up top when you have such a large and expansive universe.

If they just let the writers and directors come in with no guidance for a few things, than it wouldn’t be an interconnected universe.
Looks at Moonknight and Were Wolf By Night

I'm....kinda good with that...lol

I just miss the old days of like, stories about the title character. Like just focus on that and everything else will fall together. Also if these new character's are just being forced into the story vs people being like "i'd like to see more of X" then it feels like in ten years most fans will just be done with it.
It's not that I want to dislike Love, Americain, Kate, and so on but not one has really stood out and honestly will be interesting to see the future of the MCU but I'd rather they just focus on one character per film or TV show.

I also wish we could just judge whats working and not better...I'm looking at sites and seeing Moonknight lower then Luke Cage and Miss Marvel above Dare Devil...i just call BS.

Looks at Moonknight and Were Wolf By Night

I'm....kinda good with that...lol

I just miss the old days of like, stories about the title character. Like just focus on that and everything else will fall together. Also if these new character's are just being forced into the story vs people being like "i'd like to see more of X" then it feels like in ten years most fans will just be done with it.
It's not that I want to dislike Love, Americain, Kate, and so on but not one has really stood out and honestly will be interesting to see the future of the MCU but I'd rather they just focus on one character per film or TV show.

I also wish we could just judge whats working and not better...I'm looking at sites and seeing Moonknight lower then Luke Cage and Miss Marvel above Dare Devil...i just call BS.
Almost all of Marvel's origin films can be seen as stand alone films and do not reference the larger Universe (outside of jokes at most). Iron Man, Black Panther, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, etc, etc. All of those stand alone and could've been made outside of a shared universe. But the sequels of these films pick up on the connective tissue to sew together a shared universe in The Infinity Saga.

In The Multiverse Saga, Shang-Chi, The Eternals, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and Werewolf By Night could've been made on their own and it needs no explaining that it exists inside of a cinematic universe to understand it.

You mentioned Moon Knight and Werewolf By Night specifically so i'll address those. Just as I outlined above, they can both be seen as standalone just as many films from The Infinity Saga were. But they weren't meant to be one and done (just like how Black Panther/Wakanda wasn't a one and done story). Oscar Isaac has said there's more to come from Moon Knight (which will in all likelihood mean crossover) and a lot of things from Werewolf By Night are rumored for the future.

This is how the MCU operates. It starts out with a (hopefully) good origin story and then the future appearances will see the characters crossing over and sewing them together, connecting them within the overarching universe.

Almost all of Marvel's origin films can be seen as stand alone films and do not reference the larger Universe (outside of jokes at most). Iron Man, Black Panther, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, etc, etc. All of those stand alone and could've been made outside of a shared universe. But the sequels of these films pick up on the connective tissue to sew together a shared universe in The Infinity Saga.

In The Multiverse Saga, Shang-Chi, The Eternals, Black Widow, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and Werewolf By Night could've been made on their own and it needs no explaining that it exists inside of a cinematic universe to understand it.

You mentioned Moon Knight and Werewolf By Night specifically so i'll address those. Just as I outlined above, they can both be seen as standalone just as many films from The Infinity Saga were. But they weren't meant to be one and done (just like how Black Panther/Wakanda wasn't a one and done story). Oscar Isaac has said there's more to come from Moon Knight (which will in all likelihood mean crossover) and a lot of things from Werewolf By Night are rumored for the future.

This is how the MCU operates. It starts out with a (hopefully) good origin story and then the future appearances will see the characters crossing over and sewing them together, connecting them within the overarching universe.
I hope they change that.

Like Andor, and my other shows I've talked about. Story and the main characters should come first vs...shoving in new characters that don't add much to the plot.

It's partly why I think this phase isn't as loved and also we are getting too much 7/10 Marvel shows and movies. They aren't that bad but they many times aren't being like before.

I hope they change that.

Like Andor, and my other shows I've talked about. Story and the main characters should come first vs...shoving in new characters that don't add much to the plot.

It's partly why I think this phase isn't as loved and also we are getting too much 7/10 Marvel shows and movies. They aren't that bad but they many times aren't being like before.
When I look at all of the Phase Four projects, the biggest thing I can point to is inconsistency. Some films and show I really enjoy such as Shang-Chi, NWH, Multiverse of Madness, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, WandaVision, Loki, FatWS, What If?

Then there's projects like Thor 4, She-Hulk which REALLY haven't worked for me, but then there's just the "meh" projects like Black Widow which was a movie made 5-7 years late, Eternals, which was actually really refreshing for the MCU in a way, but at the same time there was just so much going on and if it was going to be more of an auteur superhero film, the script needed to be more engaging. Overall Phase Four has worked more for me than not, but the times it hasn't it has left me feeling really disengaged from the MCU.

However, to address your point about characters, the main characters DO come first by having their own origin story. Then they cross over with other characters that make sense for them to cross over with, so they are putting the characters first. I'll just use Ms. Marvel as a quick example. She had a very good and proper introduction in her origin story and now she's going to team up with Captain Marvel (who has had an origin story and crossed over to Avengers movies) and Monica Rambeau, who had a short origin in WandaVision. So Monica did get the short end of the stick with her origin being stuffed into a Scarlett Witch show, i'll agree.

Do I wish Marvel would pull a DC and basically create a side division that makes standalone films set within their own universe? Yeah. But that's not what they are doing right now and with as large as the MCU has become, frequent crossover is bound to happen.

Deadpool 3 has been moved up to the May 2024, Marvel’s prime summer release spot. For an R-rated film.

giphy.gif

That is a Guardians 3 level bump up.

Really hope the film doesn't suffer by the upping of the film being released earlier.
Yeah, I’m a bit worried they’re rushing it because it’s the farthest along and they are currently future-proofing by delaying everything due to writers strike (which will also help them figure out what to do with Jonathan Majors and Tenoch Huerta)

Reactions: Jake S
Casting news. They really going full fox multiverse in this movie. Seeing stuff like this news makes me wonder how crazy it is to think that Chris Evans may come back for Johnny Storm because this just seems so out of nowhere...