Deadpool & Wolverine (2024) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Deadpool & Wolverine (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
but this isnt just a simple little deadpool movie, this is a beginning of a new marvel era, a sort of rebirth, it might influence the marvel universe, and it was very badly written. badly structured.
thats literally the problem with these marvel projects, they are part of a whole, this is basically loki 3 but its written like a SNL skit (which is fine for comedy) but didnt do anything to grow the overall bigger story. if anything it hurts parts of the marvel universe.
yes it was funny, sure its a good time no alcohol required, sure it has awesome cameos... but its a very bad marvel project - plot wise.
Just going to have to disagree with almost everything that you said there and move on. They spent 5 minutes in 616. This was for all intents and purposes a self contained Deadpool & Wolverine film that had fox universe cameos and I don’t really see anything wrong with that. Doesn’t mean they won’t show up in Avengers or potentially crossover with Guardians or Thor at some point (I feel those two would be fairly natural crossovers if Marvel is willing to let a Guardians or Thor film go R for example).

The story isn’t going to win any awards but it’s also far from being poorly written.

but this isnt just a simple little deadpool movie, this is a beginning of a new marvel era, a sort of rebirth, it might influence the marvel universe, and it was very badly written. badly structured.
thats literally the problem with these marvel projects, they are part of a whole, this is basically loki 3 but its written like a SNL skit (which is fine for comedy) but didnt do anything to grow the overall bigger story. if anything it hurts parts of the marvel universe.
yes it was funny, sure its a good time no alcohol required, sure it has awesome cameos... but its a very bad marvel project - plot wise.

There are movie issues, and there are you issues.

This is a you issue.

I am pretty sure Ryan has openly said this is a standalone film. He doesn’t care about connecting into anything with it.

This is just fun, and giving the fans what they’re wanted.

I am pretty sure Ryan has openly said this is a standalone film. He doesn’t care about connecting into anything with it.

This is just fun, and giving the fans what they’re wanted.
I'd actually wonder on this--because if Disney's smelling that smoke I wonder how long it'll take to convince Ryan, Hugh, and Levy to do one more film.

Odds are they could; there is two avenues they can push depending on what they'd want to do--and it doesn't even have to include Hugh for one of them.