Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Deal or No Deal filming at Universal

30 episodes seems like a lot to film at USO. I feel like all of the filmings at the resort are for one-offs.
A drama for the Oprah Winfrey Network called "David Meets Man" is also being filmed in one of the USF Stages (Maybe 21 once Deal or no Deal finishes?) for release next year. Michael B. Jordan will be an Executive Producer and the writer of "Moonlight" is set to direct the series.

There’s something being filmed for a December release too. I don’t know what it is though.
Couldn't find anything about a December release, but I did find this. I remember back when there was talk of this project happening and maybe that has helped bring in slightly more production than there would be otherwise:

USFPG Expands Production Facilities

Orlando, FL -- May, 2016 >> “Once known as the home of Nickelodeon, Universal Studios Florida Production Group (USFPG) recently renovated Building 17(B17) to support high-profile productions at Universal. “B17 has been brought forward to more than meet the current and future production needs of our clients”, states Pamela Tuscany, Vice-President / General Manager of Universal Studios Florida Production Group. “Second floor control rooms, office space and viewing tube areas have experienced a complete makeover, to easily accommodate 168 production staff members on any project.”

The $1.2 million dollar design also included renovations to the first floor, catering areas and expanded restroom facilities.

B17 is located adjacent to Stage 21 between Stages 18 and 19. All are strategically located between both Universal Orlando parks destinations. The first floor includes fiber connectivity in Stage 19 (16,500 sq. ft.), three dressing rooms, a large Green Room space for catering.

Divided into North and South sections, the viewing ‘tube’ areas have been re-configured to office spaces. Previously designed as one stretch of ‘hallway’, the re-design now offers interior offices with a fluid configuration.

The North side is 15’ x 200’ and encompasses 20 office spaces in various sizes.

The South side includes two state-of-the art office spaces with optional privacy shades and an open area of 15’ x 150’ that offers flexible set up and use.

Combined, the 2nd Floor offers:

· Office space for 168 staff members specially designed in a variety of adjustable shapes and sizes.

· 10 Executive Offices designed with glass doors that create an open yet separate environment.

· The “On the Fly” (OTF) Studio, a 20’ x 80’ production space fitted to accommodate additional production needs.

· The “Think Tank” Conference Room, a 24’ x 30’ space that provides privacy and versatility.

· Edit Suites with increased power capabilities.

· Machine Room: 3 phase power with 100 amp cam-lock hook ups, isolated A/C system, and cable chase runs the length of the second floor with ceiling access.

· A Foley and Voice Recording Studio available for voice over and other audio needs.

· A private 85’ long Veranda (1,275 sq. ft.) for eating, relaxing or enjoying an outdoor meeting. Exclusive to B17, the Veranda overlooks and is adjacent to City Walk.

· The Take Two Lounge / Break Room, an interior area with a kitchenette and options for craft services. Located with exit to Veranda. Can be isolated from offices for privacy.

Michael Hetchler, Sr. Manager, Facilities reflects on the project. “The outcome was better than anticipated as our thinking evolved during the re-design. This was not a piece-meal refurb. We took the time to reexamine use of the entire interior; keeping what worked, but mostly adding important amenities such as conductivity throughout the building, functional easy flow space specific to our clients’ needs and options for most sophisticated production needs. B17 is a real beauty.”

Katrinka VanDeventer, Client Services Manager who sourced interior design and furnishings for B17 stated, “For two decades, my responsibilities have been to meet with production scouts, location managers, producers and directors and eventually clients to understand and provide their production needs. Pamela Tuscany challenged me with the opportunity to use the ongoing and special requests of clients to design an environment that offers virtually everything a production team could need and want.”

“The result,” says Tuscany, is that B17 has been re-designed to accommodate a wide variety of TV and film production needs.”

Quite possibly one of the dumbest game shows of all time. They would have to pay me to see this.
I quite enjoy when they open up the million dollars on the first go and say "it's ok, it's fine, nah it's good" over and over again

Also, if I win a dollar, do I have to par taxes on it?

Their twitter account has a lot of backstage stuff, some photos in the parks and lots of using the Sound Stage wall as an "Instagram Wall".