1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Delorean?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by LiamRowbotham, Aug 12, 2017.

1. LiamRowbotham

LiamRowbotham Newcomer

Hey gang,

I'm delighted that after 10+ years, fiiiiiinally I'm coming back to Orlando. Bringing the girlfriend for her first time ever, to Uni and Disney. After following Kong from the first hints on here until completion, it's safe to say I know where I'm heading first!

So since a lot has changed, I was wondered if the Delorean and train are still in situ, or have they been moved?
    I'd love to get a photo with them again.

Thanks guys!!

Joshua Porter, Ashhanbre and Mad Dog like this.
  2. Coasted

Coasted Rookie

Hi. Both are outside Animal Actors, between main path and water's edge path. Front and back of car (ie number plate) accessible. Train engine alongside. Doc Brown meet and greet (there at Easter). Good luck.

Ashhanbre and JoeCamel like this.
  3. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

Remember the keys to a good Komg ride
    *Only ride when the outside portion is open
    *Ask for a seat in the middle to back of the vehicle
    *Take your 3D glasses off when you get to the Kong AA

tankart150 and LieutLaww like this.
  4. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Veteran Member

Doc Brown is all over. I see him in Hollywood and in Simpsons. Crayzy guyyyy

tankart150 and Ashhanbre like this.
  5. Jwhee

Jwhee Veteran Member

There's the movie train and car from part III (and also used in the ride) by Animal Actors, and then Doc brown also drives around the park in a Delorean time machine through out the day.

tankart150 and Ashhanbre like this.
  6. LiamRowbotham

LiamRowbotham Newcomer

That's perfect! Thank you so much. We're both big fans of the film. We saw an outside showing with live orchestra a few weeks ago. Can't wait!

All noted! Thank you!! Any more Universal tips much appreciated!

7. LiamRowbotham

LiamRowbotham Newcomer

Thanks guys! I had no idea Doc Brown was still in the parks AND driving round. I'm glad they kept the presence even though the ride is gone.

What about the classic Universal Monsters? Aside from the cafe, is there any presence like characters?

8. WAJAS98

WAJAS98 Veteran Member

Beetlejuice walks around Hollywood Blvd and in front of the Monsters Cafe entrance. 'Mummies' on stilts walk around the front of the RotM.

tankart150 likes this.
  9. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Veteran Member

Nope, no monsters that I have seen. Except at HHN... I guess if you count the juice guy but he's fun

10. yankees13

yankees13 Veteran Member

I like how Universal has closed some classic rides yet they keep the props out. The DeLorean, Jaws shark etc. For any wrestling fans here, Zack Ryder (huge theme park guy) visits a lot and always makes a comment how Universal shows it no respect by essentially putting the DeLorean behind bushes.

11. Joshua Porter

Joshua Porter Newcomer

BTTF Trilogy is one of my all time favourites. Always have time for those movies and they are timeless, despite being all about time (LOL). So glad they have kept the props out, despite thinking they should be more prominent.

tankart150, Ashhanbre and Coasted like this.
  12. LiamRowbotham

LiamRowbotham Newcomer

It's not like he has much else to do with the amount of TV time he gets...

DK745 likes this.
  13. SpyderDan

SpyderDan Veteran Member

I feel like an idiot for even asking this question. But I always just assumed the Delorean that Doc has been driving is the same one on display, and they would just move it now and then. But there's a second Delorean? Where did it come from?

14. darkridelover

darkridelover Veteran Member

From the past... or the future... take your pick

Coasted and JoeCamel like this.
  15. Jwhee

Jwhee Veteran Member

They rent it

16. JoeCamel

JoeCamel Veteran Member

There are several in various stages of functionality, if you look on Delorean forums there are many rolling around.

17. SpyderDan

SpyderDan Veteran Member

So they went and just got another Delorean and put all the props on it?

18. martydmc12

martydmc12 Newcomer

Universal rents that DeLorean from a private owner. There are many replica DeLorean Time Machines across America, most built by fans; so it was easier to just rent one, rather than buy another one that the studio would have to pay to maintain themselves.

The one located next to the train is in dire need of restoration. The team that restored the original "A" car, which is now located at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles (DeLorean DMC-12 | 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 Time Machine), requested to restore the DeLorean in Orlando also, but the park for whatever reason declined.

Just FYI, there's also a DeLorean Motor Company located in Orlando. DeLorean Motor Company Florida | The Best Source for your DeLorean in Florida which could easily help with the restoration of the car.

On another side note, Universal destroyed the original tender behind the locomotive back in the early 2000's, just to make way for the new Men In Black ride, rather than move the entire train itself; easier to just destroy it.

[​IMG]

And that was an original screen-used movie prop vehicle by the way, that if sold on the private market, would probably been in the high five, or low six figures.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Ashhanbre and SpyderDan like this.
  19. SpyderDan

SpyderDan Veteran Member

Incredible some of the mind boggling decisions these companies make regarding well-known movie props. I get that sometimes it isn't worth the effort to rehab some of them, but if it remains in good condition and can be sold for a decent amount of money, why not? How do you just destroy part of the train? It doesn't make me think the train and Delorean will be around much longer.

Ashhanbre likes this.
  20. Ashhanbre

Ashhanbre Rookie

Sometimes you don't realize how much you love something until its gone. Especially when the thing that replaces it is not as good as what was there before.