Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Design-A-HHN Event

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Seems like we have a lot of creative minds so we decided to expand on the "House idea" thread.

Post your idea of your very own Halloween Horror Nights theme.

Describe if it will have an icon, the overall theme, houses, scarezones and their locations, and any backstories you have come up with.

So get thinking! :lol:

This sounds a little crazy but I would like them to have 2 themes in one year, 1 at IOA and 1 at USF, although they would be different they could some how tie togeather, you would pay 1 price but get into both parks, like hhn 14 and 15. It would greatly help capacity and would be amazing.

I would like to see HHN 21 have a house with drunk hillbillys that are inbreds that eat people and live in the ground and like pop out WITH UBER CHAINSAWS

--- Update ---

This sounds a little crazy but I would like them to have 2 themes in one year, 1 at IOA and 1 at USF, although they would be different they could some how tie togeather, you would pay 1 price but get into both parks, like hhn 14 and 15. It would greatly help capacity and would be amazing.

Wouldnt that mess up the whole like flown thoe they did have it 14 and 15 but if you have it in 1 park you wouldnt have to shut down the park to make a few houses and scarezones which USF loses money

This was an idea I tinkered with over at the HHNVault (along with my Grim Reaper event), but I've modified it a bit. Let me know what you think.

DR. ODDFELLOW presents the CARNIVAL OF CARNAGE II
with Sideshows JACK THE CLOWN, CHANCE, Chucky, EDDIE, & BLOODY MARY

The fallen soul of Dr. Oddfellow remains dormant no longer. Summoned by the curse of the Cane of Souls, the corpse of Dr. Oddfellow rises from the grave to retake the Carnival of Carnage. Making quick work of a FEAR-weakened Jack, Oddfellow swipes the Cane of Souls and prepares to take on Halloween Horror Nights in a festival no one could have ever imagined.

Haunted Houses

Dr. Oddfellow's Freakshow
Description: Assembling his long-dormant band of freaks, Dr. Oddfellow leads a malicious group of mutants and madmen in a freakshow for the ages.

Eddie's Creature Feature
Description: A pseudo-sequel to 2008's Creatures!, an asteroid containing alien life crash lands near a trailer park situated adjacent to the Carnival of Carnage. With the backwoods rednecks in a rage, a war between the humans and unearthly creatures wages on amidst dilapidated roller coasters and fairground rides - with Eddie leading the charge.

Jack the Clown: The Beginning
Description: An origin story house, guests return to Dr. Oddfellow's carnival circa 1920-era to find a child-murdering, charismatic clown - and his suspicious (perhaps not entirely innocent) boss.

Bloody Mary's Mirror Mansion
Description: Taking over the Carnival's House of Mirrors, Bloody Mary returns with a vengeance in a place where you truly cannot escape her gaze. After uttering her name three times, be thrusted into her world of chaos where reflection is no longer an option.

The Gorehouse
Description: A sick, twisted serial killer known as The Goreman (the "foreman") has taken refuge in a dilapidated spookhouse left behind by the Carnival. There, with a small tribe of loyal gore-lovers, he brings trespassers in order to experiment and attempt to satisfy his insatiable desire to find, touch, and consume every aspect of the glorious human flesh.

Chance's Club Clown
Description: Put off by Jack's weakened abilities, Chance departs to start her own dance club with questionable motivations. While bright, delightfully insane, and suitable for any rave, this club holds dark secrets. Sexy female clowns draw visitors further and further into the endless building - and then never return.

Treaks & Foons Funhouse in Disorienting 3D
Description: The Treaks & Foons of Horror Nights past return with the intention of jerking, spinning, confusing, and hurling you silly. They hurtle you into their maze of bizarre sights, sounds, smells, and feelings, confronting with you with such oddities that are so horrifically insane that you'll be forced to stay in their dimension forever.

Chucky: Death's Plaything
Description: Chucky returns to Halloween Horror Nights with a house that focuses on the history of death's favorite plaything. Sending you through his finest cinematic moments, Chucky assaults you at every opportunity as he undergoes his killer doll evolution - from human serial killer Charles Lee Ray to husband and father demented toy.

Scarezones

Jack & Chucky's Toybox
Description: Jack & Chucky team up to unleash a toybox of terror onto the HHN populace. Dolls, teddy bears, and playthings galore have been modified and mutilated into killing machines hellbent on getting some "personal playtime".

Mary's Reflection Run
Description: Filled with mirrors tilted at disorienting angles, the Reflection Run is filled with the souls of Mary's travels, eager to escape out into our side of the mirror. Mary herself is omniscient - able to conjure herself everywhere at an instant, and disappear before you realize she's there.

Big Top Terror
Description: Serving as the ringmaster, Dr. Oddfellow (high on stilts) welcomes guests to the second Carnival of Carnage, aided by a carnivorous group of circus animals and dangerously insane freaks. Acrobats swoop above as dramatic lighting brings the "show" together.

Murder Gras
Description: The biggest party the Big Easy's ever seen isn't exactly what you might expect - the costumes, beads, and parade are all present, but screams of terror & sprays of blood permeate this party.

Treaks & Foons Foamzone
Description: The Treaks & Foons usher you into their disorienting 3D world through a land filled chest high with copious amounts of foam. Beware, however - the foam gives ample space for a Treak or Foon to hide, and when you least expect it, drag you into their world of dementia.

The Backwoods
Description: Eddie's trailer park doesn't take too kindly to trespassers - in fact, residents follow a step for a step, a cut to a cut policy, courtesy of their glistening chainsaws.

Carousel of Creeps
Description: A group of crazed carnival madmen roam the World Expo on a fleet of bizarre motorcycles of a long-forgotten carousel.

Midway of the Bizarre
Description: Clowns haunt the foggy recesses of Amity Village, beckoning you to come play their shady carnival booths, or worse - to come play in the endless fogs of eternity.

Shows

Dr. Oddfellow's Cane of Souls Sideshow
Description: The plot of the year is communicated to the public through this entertaining kill-based show, with Dr. Oddfellow summoning the sideshows of the past, while murdering several unfortunate park guests (with gratuitous gore). The show culminates with Dr. Oddfellow's repeated unsuccessful attempts to kill Jack once and for all.

Chucky's Insult Emporium
Location: Jack & Chucky's Toybox (end of Hollywood Boulevard)
Description: The cult favorite from HHN Hollywood finally makes its way to Orlando, with Chucky spewing out offensive remarks to anyone who has the guts to pass by.

Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure
Description: An annual tradition, Bill & Ted return to lampoon the finest of the year's movies, television, music, and pop culture mishaps.

Brian Brushwood's Illusionary Wonders
Description: Brian Brushwood returns with renewed shows and new unexplainable content that boggles the mind.

====

Apologies that many of the descriptions are poorly written - I'm a bit sick at the moment, but the ideas were in my head and I didn't want to lose them. I have a more original year in mind with a new icon idea... I'll get around to writing that up when I recover.

After seeing this years HHN, I was completly obsessed with Cindy's story, and thought she would make a great icon. I addition, Dr. Mary, (icon of HHN 2008) wasn't at HHN: XX (what was up with that?). After taking those 2 in mind, I began to think about an idea for HHN:21.
HHN: 21
"Revenge is a Dish best served HOT"

Icons: Cindy Caine and Dr. Mary Agna (bloody mary)
Story: Cindy Caine was born on October 1, 1990 as the Daughter of the mysterious Albert Caine AKA the caretaker, who's shadow has hung over Universal Studios since 2002, in which he terrorized hundreds of park guests during a halloween event. After Cindy's mother, Annabelle P. Lee Caine died, Albert Caine, the caretaker of Carey, Ohio's graveyard, went insane. Driven by anger and grief, he abandoned his daughter Cindy and went on a killing spree in Carey, Ohio, burying the bodies of his victims in the graveyard. After being abandoned by her father, Cindy was forced to live in a local Orphanage. After a tragic fire at the same orphanage that left her with a large scar on her face, Cindy would eventually be adopted by millionare Andy Milton and his fiance Alice, and live a life of luxury and laughter. Now fast forward to 2011, Cindy is attending a Florida college, is currently dating Travis Richmond, a college graduate, and will soon celebrating her 21 birthday party on October 1st. It is only a few days before her birthday when disaster strikes; she catches her boyfriend cheating on her when she visits his apartment in Orlando, FL. After getting some "helpful advice" from a mysterious figure in the mirror she proceeds to burn down her boyfriend's apartment. Her boyfriend narrowly escapes, to the dismay of Cindy. After interrogating one her former boyfriend's best friends, she finds out a key peice of information: wher her boyfriend works. He happens to work at Universal Studios, the place her father once controlled. Cindy, joined by Mary Agna and a few of her friends, has taken over Universal studios, vowing revenge on the man that broke her heart. Beware all those who choose to visit Universal this Halloween, for Cindy is on a mission, and will... do away with anyone who chooses to get in her way. You saw the carnage caused by the caretaker; now it's Cindy's turn to terrorize HHN.
Houses:
21:Love Burns- Cindy's back, and she's out for revenge. Venture into her world, come face to face with her twisted playthings, and see first hand the carnage she's created; watch out for Cindy though, for she will do away with anyone who gets in the way of her plan.
The Skoolhouse:Trick or Treat- School's out for the kids of Carey, Ohio , and it's time for them to show you how they do trick or treating. Watch out, because these kids are hungry, and it's not candy they hunger for.
Reflections of Fear:Visions of Terror- Enter a twisted labyrinth of mirrors, maniacs, and mysterious apparations that only Dr. Mary could have conjured up. Face fears you never though you had as you wander through the maze, all while under Dr. Mary Agna's watch.
Zombieland- Witness the affects of the California zombie outbreak as you venture through a post-apacolyptic Hollywood in search of Pacific Playland, an amusement park that's supposedly untouched by the outbreak.
The Zoo- The gates of the Carey, Ohio zoo have been closed for years. The true reason of the closure is unknown, but is rumored that experiments were done on the animals to make them live longer, but ended up turning them into horrific mutants. Tonight, the gates of the zoo are open, bekoning you to enter; but beware, for once you enter, you may never get out.
Terror in the Skies- Take a tour of a WWII zepplin that has landed in Universal studios, but do so with caution; ghosts of lost passengers and crew still roam the airship, looking for new "crewmembers" to help run the craft. Will you become one of them?
(Scarezones,More Houses, and Shows Coming Soon)
I still need some more ideas for houses, scarezones, and shows, but I hope you enjoy my story and my first house ideas.

Last edited:
Ok here is my attempt at this:

Icon: Seven
Theme: The 7 deadly sins
Story:
In 1924 there was a man named Johanthan Edwards. John was a philanthropist and a successful business man in the small town of Carey, Ohio owning many business including a restaurant, brothel, and a realty agency.

As time wore on however John became incresingly envious of his fellow business men who owned more and bigger properties, so in a seed of rage he began to buy up as many business as possible, and stopped selling any property he owned through his realty. Soon he owned about 75% of the town including the grand Universal Palace Theater. He began lusting over his women at his brother continually visiting them 2 or 3 times a day. He would eat until his heart desires at his restaurant and sometimes eating so much to feed the paying patrons. His pride was his utmost most important thing to him, and even though he had many talents, he delegated others to do his bidding. With his new found power and wealth he began to let it go to his head, and anytime someone would cross his pass, he would strike them down with a wrath never seen before.

One night however, his sins caught up to him. In a simple task of eating a leg of chicken he choked on a piece of bone, and his struggle to set it free, he lit his restaurant on fire and was killed in the fire.

However ever since then, his spirit has been haunting the city of Carey and its citizens as many other had started to die by choking on chicken, heart attacks with too much greed, diseases for lust and many more. John Edwards will make you pay for your sins.

Houses (8):

Greed
Sloth
Gluttony
Lust
Envy
Pride
Wrath
Legendary Truth: The Edwards Restaurant

Haven't come up with exactly what the houses would be for each sin just yet, but I will update soon.

1) the birds
2) psycho
3) poltergiest
4) killer clowns from outer space
5) Blair Witch
6) freddy vs jason
7) The 4th kind
8) The shining

Gluttony I was thinking along the lines of a Leave it to Cleaver style cannibal house.

This is just off the top of my head but how about a icon that has caused past, present and future meyhem/chaos. Allow me to ramble a little bit but the story would be liken to the movie and novel "needful things". The event is us being taken thru the horrible events and situations this "being" has caused through out the times. Taking us back to the civil war period and even into futuristic chaos it has yet to cause. The storyline could be the "being" was arrested for something trivial but after cops obtained a search warrant they found things like newspaper articles of situations and pictures of the being as being a suspect or linked to it. the cops are confused because it seems like the person in their posession is the core of all these unsolved mysteries but it couldnt be because they would make the person over 400 years old.

Well you get the just of the event. Some how it mysteriously vanishes from jail and now we are reliving the chaos the being has caused and the ones that havent happen yet.

HHN (Whatever Number)

Theme: Stephen King (A tribute HHN style)

Subtitle: Realm of the King

Houses:

1. The Shining "Run Little Boy, Run!" (Soundstage 22)
2. Carrie: Prom Night (Soundstage 23)
3. Salem's Lot: Vampyr (Nazarman's)
4. Pet Cematary: Rebirth (Tent 1)
5. Misery: Whiteout! (Jaws Queve)
6. It: Pennywise's Revenge (Disaster! Queve)
7. Creepshow: The Return (Tent 2)
8. Realm of the King (Parade Building) (Note: This is a different house help created by Stephen King in his image.)

Note: Some of these houses will have a guest icons in them to help scare people more. :lol:

Scarezones

1. Midway of the King (Kinda like HHN: 20 years but it features memorable stuff from ALL Stephen King's books & movies).
2. The Mist
3. The Stand (The Chainsaw zone with Zombies!!!)
4. Dark Tower Zones (Can be from 3 to 5)

Shows:

1. Bill & Ted
2. Brian Brushwood
3. Insert what you think can go here. :p

Last edited:
HHN (Whatever Number)

Theme: Stephen King (A tribute HHN style)

Subtitle: Realm of the King

Houses:

1. The Shining "Run Little Boy, Run!" (Soundstage 22)
2. Carrie: Prom Night (Soundstage 23)
3. Salem's Lot: Vampyr (Nazarman's)
4. Pet Cematary: Rebirth (Tent 1)
5. Misery: Whiteout! (Jaws Queve)
6. It: Pennywise's Revenge (Disaster! Queve)
7. Creepshow: The Return (Tent 2)
8. Realm of the King (Parade Building) (Note: This is a different house help created by Stephen King in his image.)

Note: Some of these houses will have a guest icons in them to help scare people more. :lol:

Scarezones

1. Midway of the King (Kinda like HHN: 20 years but it features memorable stuff from ALL Stephen King's books & movies).
2. The Mist
3. The Stand (The Chainsaw zone with Zombies!!!)
4. Dark Tower Zones (Can be from 3 to 5)

Shows:

1. Bill & Ted
2. Brian Brushwood
3. Insert what you think can go here. :p

Sounds like a lot of fun, but who/what would be the icon?

I was in the process of designing an entire event but something happened and it got put on hold so I haven't had time to complete the entire thing so for now heres a cool concept I thought of, one day I'll post the full update.

Vintage Horror :

Experience the old fashioned ways of movie making where a world of black and white reveals why the actors play their parts so well, and the sets that made them infamous become real. Will your blood give this movie to be, some color?

My Idea for this house if that you walk into the soundstage and see an old 30's-60's movie set, the most noticable thing being that everything is in black and white. Guest walk onto the stage and then through a door on the set. Everything would be in black and white including the actors custome and make up. Everthing accept the gore. I don't really have a solid backstory but I think the concept is pretty awesome.