Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH) | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
USH's home page lists: New Ride - Despicable Me Minion Mayhem instead of Despicable Me - The Ride.

USH's website goes by what people will see in the park directories and the maps, instead of what marketing wants you to see on a billboard.

Man I miss LA sometimes... are there ads all over the place yet?

USH's home page lists: New Ride - Despicable Me Minion Mayhem instead of Despicable Me - The Ride.
Yes, but the subtitle in multiple places, including the home page, says "Despicable Me The Ride". It's not very consistent, but I'm glad they at least upgraded the graphics.

USH's website goes by what people will see in the park directories and the maps, instead of what marketing wants you to see on a billboard.

Man I miss LA sometimes... are there ads all over the place yet?
Ohhh yes, everywhere! They have been up for about a month or two in The Valley, but I'm seeing them more and more everywhere. Quite exciting! Although nowhere as cool as the Kong or Transformers posters/3D billboards. I wonder if they have a 3D billboard by LAX, that's usually the first place they put up the extra detailed ones.

Great pictures. That pink bucket has actually been sitting next to the old Chinese restaurant for awhile now. Cool to see it up there. I'm eventually going to post a video that has some close ups of the bucket. :p

Is it me or could universal have advertised this as "new despicable me land" and get away with it.yea i know its not really a "land" on the scale of potter or cars land but look at bugs land its really small and they still got away with the whole "land" thing.

Is it me or could universal have advertised this as "new despicable me land" and get away with it.yea i know its not really a "land" on the scale of potter or cars land but look at bugs land its really small and they still got away with the whole "land" thing.
I'm surprised the media isn't advertising it as the Despicable Me Theme Park. (Just like what they did with potter and simpsons on the east coast)

Do you think they'll soft open right afterwards? When Transformers opened, what was the difference in time between the employee previews and soft opening?
I'm sure it will open right after employee preview. That's what happened with Transformers. The day after EP, the ride soft opened. As a matter of fact, I think I may have been one of the first people of the public to be able to ride it as I got there RIGHT when the park opened. So yeah. March 20th is when we'll probably be able to ride.

Unless something goes majorly wrong during the preview, then yes, March 20th is your date. The operations team will be lucky to have that slow-ish Thursday as a breather before the weekend hits with its flurry of spring break crowds.

I'll be visiting March 20th then! The amount of times I got to ride Transformers on the first day of soft opening was priceless...AND I literally bumped into and chatted with Mark Woodbury, and took the Starway down to the ride with him and entered the ride building with him. It was really cool haha.