Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH) | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem (USH)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm trying to get my personal friends together to ride this. At first I planned April 11th, which is the day after opening, now it's likely it'll fall on grand opening. NOW, if they purist with April 12th, I may have to bump it and hope no one requested that day off to the Friday after. I don't want to go on the 11th and find that soft openings have been discontinued the day we go. Is April 11th the set date? Man planning this has suddenly gotten frustrating.

Its a game of Ride chicken. changing the dates due to a 50th anniversary...
And I thought only Magic Mountain would play this game. At least they are better players at it than Uni. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Strange.

I understood changing the date away from April 10th, as Disney Parks will be celebrating Small Worlds 50th and will be holding a world wide sing along. So I understand Universal not wanting a new ride being buried in the media by that.

It could also be Universal wanting the opening date to fall on a weekend instead of a weekday.

Having the grand opening on a weekend is a recipe for disaster. That amount of guests blocked from the ride in the morning will only result in chaos later on.

Don't be surprised if the opening is delayed til the following week.

For those upset by the queue volume: make sure to visit guest relations. The more complaints they get about it, the more they will start to push DM's sound and video crew to turn it down.

Are regular folks able to ride it today (Sat)? The USH mobile site bounces between a wait time and "COMING SOON"

Are regular folks able to ride it today (Sat)? The USH mobile site bounces between a wait time and "COMING SOON"

Reactions: JakesAllAmerican

Annual Pass Holder previews are today, hence why it says, "Coming soon".

Annual Pass Holder previews are today, hence why it says, "Coming soon".

For TF, they just checked for APs which was so hysterically smart since all you had to do was run upstairs, upgrade to an AP (usually for free), run back downstairs so you could ride the ride. It's rather brilliant, IMO.

Not sure what they did for DM.