Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Diagon Alley Soft Opening Watch

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I meant is school is out and vacations have started. So already the parks have more people in them. Where last time it opened for softs before school was out and before vacations started. Do you remember when TF opened during softs and how long the lines were? And this is a way bigger expansion and more advertised.

Oh I know that, and forgive me if I came across as rude I did not intend to. I think because it's an entire land and not just a ride and given past experience with the IP they will have crowd control measures in place to prevent the overall craziness. It's going to be a long wait no doubt about it, but that is kind of I preventable regardless of when it opens.

Would they have softs and hotel guest previews up until July 8th? I have a reservation at Hard Rock from July 6th to July 8th and want to be sure that I can get in. It would make sense that they would at least have guest previews up until the grand opening because people bought packages starting June 29th.

Chatter of AP previews on Twitter:

Lauren Koontz ‏@fellowlauren 14m
@OrlandoInformer @AngelaMather1 Team member at Universal yesterday told us def employee preview, most likely AP as well. We'll see!
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Marisa ‏@marisa2388 13m
@OrlandoInformer I talked to a TM today that said we should get an email soon about AP previews, just hope he's right!

It would be awesome if we got an AP preview! Fingers crossed!

@lovetoday030990: "Will annual pass holders be able to go in to Diagon Alley before the grand opening? @UniversalORL"

>>>

@UniversalORL: "@lovetoday030990 No info on an AP preview for [HASHTAG]#DiagonAlley[/HASHTAG] yet. Please check back soon, will announce ASAP."

So AP Soft opening question:
If I were to be there on a day of AP softs and I were to upgrade my ticket to an AP ticket, could that possibly get me access into the new area? I really, really want into Diagon when I'm there at the end of June and if I had an AP, that would give me a chance to come back again at HHN time too. Thanks.

So AP Soft opening question:
If I were to be there on a day of AP softs and I were to upgrade my ticket to an AP ticket, could that possibly get me access into the new area? I really, really want into Diagon when I'm there at the end of June and if I had an AP, that would give me a chance to come back again at HHN time too. Thanks.

As long as there is an AP preview going on, yes you'll be able to access DA and London...keep in mind that annual passes do not grant you access to HHN, it's a seperate ticketed event (And Diagon Alley will not be open at night with HHN)

TM previews are still "coming soon", and hopefully soon, because I can't wait. I have no idea what is going on with soft openings and AP previews.

And yes, crowd control plans are in place.

A question for those who already rode. How will it be for the bigger guests? As restrictive as Forbidden Journey, or more lenient like a Disney ride?

may I ask how hotel guest previews work? do all uni hotel guests get access to the preview or is it some sort of special package?

The way it worked before was, if it was just hotel guests, they had to show their room key. If you are talking about early park admission, UPRV package guests also get in early. Whether or not things will go that way this time around is anybody's guess.

The way it worked before was, if it was just hotel guests, they had to show their room key. If you are talking about early park admission, UPRV package guests also get in early. Whether or not things will go that way this time around is anybody's guess.

Thank you, appreciate the info. Was thinking of making a reservation if they do in fact offer hotel guest previews. Just don't want to wait months until lines are manageable :)

A question for those who already rode. How will it be for the bigger guests? As restrictive as Forbidden Journey, or more lenient like a Disney ride?

Restraints are very similar to Mummy, maybe a bit tighter. Row 3 has slightly more forgiving seat bars. It was a little close for Banks Lee but he made it ok.

- - - Updated - - -

may I ask how hotel guest previews work? do all uni hotel guests get access to the preview or is it some sort of special package?

Between 6/29 and 7/8 you have to have a special vacation package that specifies Diagon early entry. Regular hotel guests probably won't get it, according to my PR rep, but that could change.

- - - Updated - - -

Park Maps printed that will be used starting the 21st have diagon on them

Nope, the new maps valid through 6/28 don't have Diagon.

Any updates on public softs? I'm checking into RPR on June 28th for a three night stay. Do I have a chance to get in?

Any updates on public softs? I'm checking into RPR on June 28th for a three night stay. Do I have a chance to get in?

There won't be any softs until they figure some things out. Word is, they are going quiet and thoughtful about the big ride's issues. Really really quiet. This could change tomorrow, but I kinda doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.