Diagon Alley Upper Lot Concept | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Diagon Alley Upper Lot Concept

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Exactly. Nintendo and especially the Super Mario Bros universe is timeless, popular with young and old alike, all over the world. Also...the park really needs a better variety of franchises. Too much Potter, no matter how popular, without other properties balancing everything out will be unfortunate.

One thing they could do is get rid of the escalators leading to the Tour area. Then put Hogwarts Express in its place. A single structure will house both the Kings Cross and Hogsmeade train stations. When you ride the train, you don't travel far. You move just enough to go from one environment to another.

One thing they could do is get rid of the escalators leading to the Tour area. Then put Hogwarts Express in its place. A single structure will house both the Kings Cross and Hogsmeade train stations. When you ride the train, you don't travel far. You move just enough to go from one environment to another.
I think this idea is a waste of space.  Why do it if it doesn't create an experience?

Universal needs to take into account that part of the guest experience is traveling from the "real world" to the "wizarding world".  If you can access Hogsmead before you reach Diagon Alley...it pretty much ruins the belief of fantasy.

Reactions: Aaron
Universal needs to take into account that part of the guest experience is traveling from the "real world" to the "wizarding world".  If you can access Hogsmead before you reach Diagon Alley...it pretty much ruins the belief of fantasy.
For a good chunk of the year when only one park in Orlando is opened early, this is how many Orlando visitors experience the Wizarding World (Hogsmeade first). I agree it's not ideal, but that's a difficult hurdle to overcome when available space is at a premium as in Universal City. I do believe this could be a good spot for the train, however, whether it travels to a Waterworld-located Diagon Alley (which would not have room for Gringotts without impacting City Walk, I don't think), or one in the lower lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a rough layout for what I have in mind for the Hogwarts Express station.

Hogwarts%20Exspress%20Layout.png

Reactions: k_peek_2000
This is a rough layout for what I have in mind for the Hogwarts Express station.

Hogwarts%20Exspress%20Layout.png
Consider this, does Hogsmeade and Kings Cross both have people waiting in their stations? Because if that's the case, then I disagree to that idea. It'd break immersion, and theming both combined.

Then it makes sense to put DA where WW is. Did you all see the LA Times article? Specifically the last paragraph.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-wizarding-world-harry-potter-universal-studios-hollywood-20160114-story.html
I think the Waterworld location is a head fake -- it doesn't have enough room for both DA and the Gringotts attraction without knocking out the CityWalk theaters, so I think the lower lot is the likely location.

I believe that if Universal really wanted to make the Express work between the upper and lower lots they could do it. And I think it would make a lot of sense to try to do so.

Reactions: Imdbman and Aaron
I thought it was confirmed a while back at an employee meeting that Diagon Alley will not replace Water World.
Common sense would confirm that haha. There is no way Diagon (in it's original form) would even fit in that spot, not without razing half of CityWalk. Of course, maybe a truncated version is in the works for that spot, i'd sure like to see these "Blueprints" that this alleged inside source has seen.

Well, i'll say this again since this was ignored. Could this be potentially because of the performance of Hogsmeade be the reason that Diagon may go to the Upper Lot; instead of the Lower Lot? To me, I have to believe that this is one of the moving factors that Diagons going up to possibly the tram loading dock.

Again, we're left with the question of where would it go?

This could be fesible, if you cut Kings Cross.

IoFOJik.jpg

That's nearly eight acres. When you relocate some of the Citywalk backstage areas (included into it), move the Tram zone/repair bay down to where SS's 22-25 are; you could be able to use that eight acres for Diagon. The downfall, is you having to possibly cut Kings Cross, not allowing a second attraction; but it could make sense.

What do you guys think? I put a lot of thought and effort into this so be gentle. :p

I'm very likely wrong and you are very possibly right. Good job.

Well, i'll say this again since this was ignored. Could this be potentially because of the performance of Hogsmeade be the reason that Diagon may go to the Upper Lot; instead of the Lower Lot? To me, I have to believe that this is one of the moving factors that Diagons going up to possibly the tram loading dock.

No. Engineering for this would take years, so even if it was to be moved it would be thrown way off schedule. And thrown off schedule based on the whims of two weeks of "performance."