Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Diagon Crowd Concerns

Anyone planning on going to the Grand Opening? Friends and I are planning on getting there around 3 or 3:30.

I don't see the point. If you just wait a day or 2 you can just line up at 9 and get in soon enough. The whole park will be packed! Lines all the way through Citywalk! I will be going on July 8th early to go on every other ride as they'll all be empty!

I don't see the point. If you just wait a day or 2 you can just line up at 9 and get in soon enough. The whole park will be packed! Lines all the way through Citywalk! I will be going on July 8th early to go on every other ride as they'll all be empty!

We honestly just want to be there for the excitement :p I went for the opening of Phase I and had a great time--so I generally know what I am getting myself into. It was fun seeing everyone else lining up too.

We honestly just want to be there for the excitement :p I went for the opening of Phase I and had a great time--so I generally know what I am getting myself into. It was fun seeing everyone else lining up too.

What time you get there for phase 1?

Me and my sister are going really early too for the fun.. It shouldn't be to bad if you get there early enough i assume?

What time you get there for phase 1?

Me and my sister are going really early too for the fun.. It shouldn't be to bad if you get there early enough i assume?

My brother and I went last time and we got there at 5:30 AM. For reference, the section opened around 9 and we were let in around 11:30 AM. This year my brother is skipping but I am going with my bf and two friends. Should be a fun time regardless.

I saw on Twitter that one of the issues is people standing in the middle of the walkway taking pictures of the dragon, especially when it shoots fire. That's to be expected, of course, but since it's pretty narrow, it's becoming a bit of a problem for some people.

Impatient people are going to have a bad time in Diagon Alley. Everywhere you look there's something to stop and stare at. Being in a hurry and considering your fellow parkgoers as obstacles is going to get people nowhere.

Had a lady behind me yesterday in King's Cross yelling if she could go past the people trying to get a photo of the 9 3/4 wall because she needed to get to IoA by 9:45, regardless of the fact that 20 min of the wait is after that point. She did jump past a few people, disrupted the picture taking (making it take longer), and we all ended up on the same train which pulled into Hogsmeade station around 9:50.

Impatient people are going to have a bad time in Diagon Alley. Everywhere you look there's something to stop and stare at. Being in a hurry and considering your fellow parkgoers as obstacles is going to get people nowhere.

Had a lady behind me yesterday in King's Cross yelling if she could go past the people trying to get a photo of the 9 3/4 wall because she needed to get to IoA by 9:45, regardless of the fact that 20 min of the wait is after that point. She did jump past a few people, disrupted the picture taking (making it take longer), and we all ended up on the same train which pulled into Hogsmeade station around 9:50.

I'm used to treating everyone else as obstacles (you would too in Manhattan :lol:) but yeah, it seems that Diagon is the place to slow down and really take in the atmosphere. I do see the 9 3/4 effect causing a problem in the future, though. You're always going to have the people who are in a rush or the family of 10 taking way too long to get a picture of each family member going through the wall.

I'm used to treating everyone else as obstacles (you would too in Manhattan :lol:) but yeah, it seems that Diagon is the place to slow down and really take in the atmosphere. I do see the 9 3/4 effect causing a problem in the future, though. You're always going to have the people who are in a rush or the family of 10 taking way too long to get a picture of each family member going through the wall.

But they are not rushing to an actual mass transit station to catch a train, they are already queuing in line for the ride. Running through the line does not make a shorter queue time, stopping and appreciating the details does not make the wait longer.

But they are not rushing to an actual mass transit station to catch a train, they are already queuing in line for the ride. Running through the line does not make a shorter queue time, stopping and appreciating the details does not make the wait longer.

WE know that but does the average tourist know that? Clearly that lady that Awhen spoke of didn't.

Hey, who has their finger on the pulse of both the Uni's and surrounding and more distant hotels? I am wondering about the eighth forward. Are they filling up in uncommon ways, especially the more distant hotels? Perhaps Skub has some insight?

Hey, who has their finger on the pulse of both the Uni's and surrounding and more distant hotels? I am wondering about the eighth forward. Are they filling up in uncommon ways, especially the more distant hotels? Perhaps Skub has some insight?

We're getting into peak summer when occupancy always goes up anyway. I'm not aware of availability being significantly tighter than normal beyond opening week, but I'll let you know if I hear of anything.

I can kind of speak on that subject. I called Universal a week ago and was inquiring about their vacation packages and when I mentioned the last week of July she said they were already filling up fast due to the opening date being announced. She urged me to buy tickets now yada yada yada, the typical shpeel. I was requesting for Cabana Bay as well. Hope that helps!

HE in the soft opening seems to be going really well, non-existent waits. May be crowds from 8th won't make the lines that bad, if they keep up moving 1500 guests an hour.

So who else is going to be getting there in the early hours of the morning? I will be getting dropped off around 4am to walk into city walk. I'm guessing the crowds will really build around the toll plaza between 4-5am waiting for the garage to open.

The garage will not be opening until 5am tomorrow. If you show up before, they will turn you away. All team members were told today at work (it was on our notice board) so you all know.

The garage will not be opening until 5am tomorrow. If you show up before, they will turn you away. All team members were told today at work (it was on our notice board) so you all know.

They said that last time also when it starts to block traffic on the city streets they will open the garages

I'm just going to say this as for now, i'm taking a leave on posting on forums as i'm watching the madness but I will finish saying by these words:

'To anyone, big or small that is going to Diagon and will be down on the sun as it can; be glad as its a experience that you won't forget and while I

can't just fly to Orlando; I wish everyone the best of luck and enjoy the day as it will be a day to remember in your life either as a fan of the

parks or a fan of the storys that Joe has brought to you.'

Good luck everyone and be sure to not be mad... and I think it will be BLOODY crowded, so now onto a quick forum hibernation..