Dining Pass | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Dining Pass

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal doesn't do the dining pass anymore. It was discontinued over a year ago.

Edited to add: they also used to have a 1 hour shopping pass which worked the same way. This was also discontinued around the same time. The only free way into the parks now is making friends with a team member or getting a seasonal job there (which is more of a sweat equity annual pass than free...)

They know it doesn't take you 2 hours to eat a dessert shot at Mythos... I wouldn't push my luck, especially when you're dealing directly with the TMs, face-to-face. You might get away with it if they don't pay attention (which I doubt), but they most likely will see what you're doing and you might get in trouble. And you don't know if you're gonna get something as light as a warning, or you might get charged for the admission after all, or worse, you could get banned for a year or more for trying to scam them and abuse the system. I don' think it's worth it...

Well if they discontinued the dining pass, what does it matter? It couldnt be done now regardless if thats the case. But thats why I was aking what exactly were "the rules". Now, if they in fact know it doesnt take you over 2 hours to eat, than why would they give you that time limit to begin with? A time limit is a time limit.

For example, if they specifically said- "The dining pass is ONLY for Mythos, & if you attempt to go on any rides within your time limit, you will get charged.", or it listed those very same restrictions on the dining pass itself, than no, I wouldnt even bother risking it & I'd forget the whole idea.

However, if all they said was "Here's your dining pass, you must be back within the time limit with a receipt from Mythos in order to not get charged.", & it didnt say you couldnt also do rides on the pass itself, than it would free game, as they wouldnt be able to say anything or do anything to you if no one said you werent allowed to do that to begin with.

If the only rules were "You must be back within the time limit with a receipt from Mythos.", & no other rules were broken, than that wouldnt be "abusing" the system, as Id only consider it abusing the system if you do in fact have to break a rule to accomlish whatever it is your trying to accomplish, which I dont do nor want to do.

So again I ask, what is, or in this case, what were the rules?

I didn't mean to offend you. Sorry if I did. I was trying to give a bit of a warning and advice. I know of people who've been banned before, and it sucks. I was also typing my response before I saw the post about it being discontinued, so I wrote it without that key info.

As far as the rules, your credit card's processed, you have 2.5 hours from that point. You go eat at Mythos and then you have to bring the time-stamped receipt from Mythos to Guest Services within half an hour of the receipt's time, and again all this within the original 2.5 hours. It's stipulated that this is a dining pass, so if they suspect something, it's up to them. Of course, there's still ways to work your way around this pass, which is probably the reason it's gone. For example, you could buy a full meal, and some people in your party leave to ride something and then come back, and if everything is within the time frames, you probably wouldn't get caught. But you gotta be more elaborate than spending two-hours in the park and just buying a $2 dessert shot and expect them not to suspect anything :p Oh well, if it's discontinued now...

Last edited:
I wasnt offended!

& thanks sso much for the info, just trying to figure out ways of getting free or discounted admission in any form if thats possible. If not, oh well, there are plenty of other things for me to worry about. Thanks again!

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts