Disaster rehab soon? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Disaster rehab soon?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Where not quite to the point of running out of locations, are we? well at least for the next 4-5 years, right? IMO the Disaster queue is the last of the ****ty house locations

Well, without the Disaster queue, I'm not sure where they'd feasibly be able to get 8 house locations. And if both Fear Factor and Beetlejuice are demolished in the next 3-4 years, there's only one stadium left in operation.

Well, without the Disaster queue, I'm not sure where they'd feasibly be able to get 8 house locations. And if both Fear Factor and Beetlejuice are demolished in the next 3-4 years, there's only one stadium left in operation.
I think there's still space (not much) to substitute for the disaster queue, but it lets say something happens to the sprung tent land were screwed. The show venues on the other hand... we're screwed.

When it rains it pours!

Turns out the IP is in serious development and specific indications point at a dark ride. A great big honkin dark ride. When it comes to Comcast, ain't life grand!.

Plus side: Uni getting rid of ****ty HHN house locations, forcing HHN to use better ones! :thumbs:

I am not sure if that is a good thing...

Could they be able to make a third tent house somewhere in the park? I'm sure the answer is NO, but I'm just thinking...

If they demo the entire block, it wouldn't need to be San Fran themed. They could completely retheme that area of the park.

That's a nice chunk of space there though so they can definitely do something good with it.

Well I guess that ruins my theory that they decided to go big on HP 3.0 and move in that direction instead of out towards Fear Factor.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Well I guess that ruins my theory that they decided to go big on HP 3.0 and move in that direction instead of out towards Fear Factor.

I wish they'd just demolish FFL, but I think they want to save that stadium for special events (ala HHN, private events, etc.) I would hope that San Fran, if it has to go, will be for a new IP.

This rumor is extremely curious, though.

Phase 3 was the first thing that came to my mind, but I'd just prefer they use the FFL space to build a MoM building if the must do a phase 3 (and it sounds like they really will, bleh) over taking out the whole space covering Beetlejuice and Disaster for more Potter land.

I'd be bummed to see SF go. I love the city themes around the original sections of the park. I do believe that removing Beetlejuice (for now) and then retheming Monster's Cafe thereafter (Is that rumor still kicking?) could be a harbinger for eventually building a Universal Monsters section.

^^^Either way, getting rid of Beetlejuice is better for everyone's sake. It's cruel to let people unknowingly walk into that mess of a show...

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
Regarding the comments about losing HHN maze spaces, I don't believe Uni will chop maze sites without finding replacements...HHN is too big of a moneymaker for them to ruin like that. They could do more soundstage haunts, they could move them to new locations (perhaps even backstage), or they could start to incorporate parts of IoA into the mix (I still expect that to happen).

Regarding this new rumor, WOW, unreal! Can't wait to hear more when the timing is right!

I couldn't quickly find a more appropriate place to post, but I have heard that this entire block is due for demolition in the next few years, including the juice show. The entire block! Not at liberty to discuss what will replace it quite yet.

I can only say I hope so. I felt San Fransisco was time to go.

- - - Updated - - -

My guess:

Fast and Furious

What is up with this rumor?
LOL

What possible attraction could Fast and Furious be unless it's like Radiator Springs Racers?