Disaster rehab soon? | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Disaster rehab soon?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^ Hmm... it's neither here or there if it is open or not at this point. I am feeling a bit more confident about the news I posted a few days ago. I wonder how many building facades will survive in SF... And the BJ corner... what have they planned.

Agreed.That is why your news was so interesting to me. As well as Skip's KZ news. So very interesting what is going on right now. The suspense is killing me!

1) I'll leave night shows and parades out of this, because it's a seperate situation they've at least started to improve on.

2) DAK is the only WDW park that has stage shows worth a damn, so let's not act like WDW has a plethora of great live stage entertainment. Those 2 shows are amazing, but they're in the same park.

3) Universal parks are not Disney parks. They never were, they never will be. They just don't do stage shows well, as evident by the even worse new Beetlejuice show. They don't have the land to waste on trying and failing at what they don't do well. Replace weakness with strength, and improve your parks.

Besides, I guarantee a Ministry of Magic area would get people to stay in the parks longer than a stage show.
Although not nearly as good, DHS does have some good shows. Indiana Jones and LMA are both fun and impressive stunt shows, especially for first timers. Mermaid and BatB need to be replaced, definitely and Idol will soon be gone (although the quality of production on the show is great).

As to your third point, I agree, but when Universal started out in the 90's, they were much more similar than they are today. I'm sure Comcast loves the stark differences though.

And I wasn't saying don't build MoM. Take FF down, I don't care. But leave room for some sort of people eating show is my point. I disagree that they can't put together a good show if they tried hard enough. Beetlejuice has really never been a good concept imo so i'm not going to base anything on that.

Mike Aiello knows what he's doing when it comes to Entertainment. He just needs to be given the appropriate budget to make a show as good as it can possibly be. That's why he lives for HHN, it's his time to shine.

Too bad his team can't write a funny Bill & Ted show...they've all sucked since 2010. Last year's was AWFUL. I think I laughed once out of two viewings. (Yes, ONE laugh over TWO viewings.) I miss Michael Roddy's touch on the event. Not saying he was the greatest thing ever, but his influence as Creative Director on HHN was definitely noticed after he left...things went downhill a bit IMHO.

Teebin, does the rumor include a redesign to SF's waterfront; either demo, re-purposing, or left alone?

Does anybody think maybe disaster will be themed to the new movie San Andreas next year. I was in san francisco last week when they were filming it. Its kind of ironic that Dwayne Johnson is in it.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Andreas_(film)

Honestly, I can't see them redoing the whole Earthquake thing a third time. Plus, that movie has no recognizable talent outside of Dwayne Johnson, and if Hercules pulling in just under 30 mil on opening weekend was any sign, he's not a totally bankable star on his own. Not that it has anything to do with the quality of the ride, but I'm sure if Uni is going to spend serious bucks to rebuild or refurbish an attraction, it will be with an IP that is more of a staple at this point. :thumbs:

Last edited:
I have no info about that, only that BJ is outta there too. I take that to imply a large structure will replace it all... but that is just my conjecture.

Great, thanks for the quick reply. My mind immediately went to the two restaurant complexes...

I have no info about that, only that BJ is outta there too. I take that to imply a large structure will replace it all... but that is just my conjecture.
This is good news. While I like Beetlejuice, the current new show isn't that good, nor does it fit with the 'new' Universal style...it's just more 'old school' Universal style, where it's corny but fun. Uni has become big time world class lately, and the show just doesn't fit to me anymore.