Disney’s Pinocchio (2022) | Inside Universal Forums

Disney’s Pinocchio (2022)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like another exercise in the uncanny valley, bit scarier looking than the others though.
That’s what I fear with Zemeckis family projects. At the very least, the aesthetic of this film is less Polar Express or A Christmas Carol and more The Witches. The Witches wasn’t a good movie, but the look of it wasn’t bad. The film’s aesthetic design was actually one of the few highlights imo.

Reactions: Nico
I hope its good....but seeing from the people who brought you the crappy live action films based off much better animated films...doesn't help
I think that’s just a selling point way of saying ”From Disney”. Zemeckis was not involved in those movies. Chris Weitz, who was a writer on the film, also was a writer for Disney’s live-action Cinderella, which was actually pretty good.

Creepiness aside, I am excited by the possibility of a 2022 Disney movie that shows kids smoking and drinking.
I’m looking forward to the contrast between this Pinocchio and the Pinocchio that Guillermo Del Toro is doing that is going to Netflix later this year.

Reactions: belloq87
I’ve got a VERY bad feeling about this. That they go out of their way NOT to show Pinocchio makes me think that watching this might give me nightmares.

Agreed. Especially with Tom Hanks starring. Sounds like instant box office success.....Someone screwed up. :bonk:
If I remember correctly this was originally supposed to be a theatrical release and it got switched to Disney+. From what i'm reading, they made the switch because of the failure of Dumbo, but tbh, that just never looked like (nor was) that good of a movie. I think this judgement was made almost because of them both being 1940's-era Walt animated films, but Pinocchio has always been a lot better from a story standpoint and also a more dynamic visual as well.

Reactions: Mad Dog